Office debate: which sport is played more globally?

2»

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It's tennis. It involves less money and thus more accessible to a wider spread of people.

It should be but doesn't seem to be the case. Clearly you have posh golf clubs/corses but you also have the less posh ones.

Tennis doesn't seem to do not so posh.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Tennis is played as standard in schools. Golf isn't. Saying that there's about 4 tennis clubs in my town with a fair few members but about 15 golf clubs and for the most part they all have at least 300 members. Speaking for round here only but I guess it is an indicator for the nation as a whole.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Golf is not a sport - end of
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I think you'd go go for golf, this is purely anecdotal, but outside the top few, the pay for pro tennis players isn't great (in comparison to other sports) whereas from what I've heard the prize list for rather modest Golf Tournaments is quite high. Plus as others have said, with Golf, you get the chance to play for a lot longer.

If you're looking at sports as a sort of investment in your child's future, another thing to bear in mind is which is more likely to result in injury before the participant reaches their prime? Tennis can be fairly high impact, golf isn't.

Karting is a very expensive investment, but generally, but even if they don't make it as a driver (which is unlikely) they'll build up plenty of motorsport experience, which is a great way of getting a job.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live