Unbelievable today

essjaydee
essjaydee Posts: 917
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Out with club on a run, and we were dropping down a nice stretch of road at 30 (ish) mph :D
Me being a bit larger than the club wippets, always has the advantage on descents, so I was on the outside picking peolpe off. I was on the left side of the road, and although there where a few bends, you could see up ahead. A couple of motorcycles had overtaken us by crossing to the right hand lane. One of the f*@ckwits decide to hit me on the right elbow in an attempt to push me further to the left :shock:

It was a bit of a shock to feel a sharp nudge on my elbow, but it didn't cause a crash. Just a quick wobble before I settled again. It took me a good few seconds to realise what had just happened. I didn't get his reg number, only recognised it as a Kawasaki large sports bike. However, just had a message from a colleague, who had a video on his bike, and he has the footage of this incident along with a reg number. :wink:

So, going to see how effective the local bobbys are nowadays :?:

Comments

• Schobiedoo
    Schobiedoo Posts: 121
    Hope that they nick the person who did it. There are some really stupid people out there.
    Neil Pryde Bura SL
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • bookmarked, let us know what happens and glad you're ok!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    edited April 2012
    What a tw4t

lol word filter sucks a fat one
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Seriously dangerous, let us know how things develop with the police
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Sounds more than abit hairy! Glad no harm done and look fwd to updates on what happens
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Can you post the footage?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Hang 'em high !!!!

+1 for pasting the footage if you can.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Don't post the footage until any action by the Police is completed.
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    I had a similar incident on the Snake Pass with some f@ckwit on a motorbike leaning into me, when I was doing 40-45 mph. Was not best pleased.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    feckin hell - it was the passenger wasnt it, and with the state of those roads you were really lucky? What a bellend.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • essjaydee
    feckin hell - it was the passenger wasnt it, and with the state of those roads you were really lucky? What a bellend.
    No that was the rider. They didn't have a passenger :!:
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Totally mad! Any joy legally yet?
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Doubt the cops will do much.
    You were riding 3 abreast (albeit not over the white line) making it a squeeze for a car to get through. That will probably lose you the 'sensible / sympathy' vote with them.
    They might go and see him and warn him about the physical contact but I think that's as far as it will go.
    Unless the investigating officer is a cyclist or maybe a traffic bike cop.

Good luck though. You have to try.
    Peter
  • essjaydee
    Not saying our riding was perfect at the time, and lessons to be learnt :|

No excuse for what they did though :!:

Nothing from the Police apart from a confirmation email....technology eh :|
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    essjaydee wrote:
    No that was the rider. They didn't have a passenger :!:

I too thought it was a passenger when I first saw it due to his position on the bike, looked quite upright. Had to watch it again after reading this.
  • essjaydee
    Spoke to local PCSO today and they advised me to report it as an assault.
    So I have.
    Got to go and make a statement on Saturday.
  • essjaydee
    Yeah appreciate that Stanley.

Made a statement today and was given the option of doing nothing, reporting it as an assault, or reckless driving (on their part). Decided to report it as an assault.

I don't see why this thug should get away with actions like this, irrespective of the way I was riding at the time. Doesn't give someone the rights to go around attacking people and the outcome of their actions could have been far more serious :!:

Will see what happens next when they have got a statement from the motorcyclist and got back to me with an update.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    @essjaydee
    I hope that the legal system works in your favour and reams that pillock's ar$e until it bleeds, cos if it doesn't then it might be worth paying a few bored lifers in prison to do the same. Shame is he probably went and bragged to his leather-loving mates about what a hero he was :(

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Stanley222 wrote:
    I completely agree - too many people do nothing so glad you have reported it

+1 if this sh*8 doesn't get reported, and justice system doesn't take action then we (we as in society in general) are effectively saying it's ok to behave like this.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    fair play mate thats not on. Could have ended in a bad way. Lets hope the arse gets something althoguh I have little faith in the justice system but it may make him think twice next time. I must put my camera on my bike more often. Too many near misses here lately too. Good on you for taking in on.
  • I wonder what the motor biker would have thought if someone in an overtaking car had leant out of a window and pushed him?
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    DF33 wrote:
    Doubt the cops will do much.
    You were riding 3 abreast (albeit not over the white line)

Looked like he was overtaking to me. Motorcyclist is a c*ck with no respect for other road users (which as a cyclist you are). Reminds me of an incident at work a day or two ago. I'm a bus driver (scum of the earth etc - I'm prepared for your 'witty' banter). On a single carriageway following a group (4 or 5) cyclists, right hand signal on waiting for a suitable opportunity to overtake, car comes round the side of the bus and cuts in due to the tractor coming the other way resulting in a near death experience for the cyclists. Car waited at a junction further ahead and tried to blame me for it.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • essjaydee
    Police have taken a statement from the motorcyclist and his version was;
    swerving to avoid a pothole and may have accidentally 'brushed' past me
    :!:

Police said that this doesn't tally with the video evidence, so have served summons to appear in court :wink:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    essjaydee wrote:
    Police have taken a statement from the motorcyclist and his version was;
    swerving to avoid a pothole and may have accidentally 'brushed' past me
    :!:

Police said that this doesn't tally with the video evidence, so have served summons to appear in court :wink:
    Doesn't tally is an understatement.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Nice one - personally I wouldn't say there was much wrong with your riding either, two abreast giving each other plenty of space and the road wasn't wide enough for anyone to pass you safely at that speed even if you'd been riding line astern!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    great news
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    That is a shocking thing to do. I'm a motorcyclist and have been for nearly 35 years, mostly motorcyclists are reasonable and sensible road users, after all, they are quite vulnerable on the roads too. That bloke needs to lose his licence for a while, that stupid incident could have caused a terrible accident for you and him and the rest of the riders. Bloody idiot. From what I could tell from that video those motor bikers should not have attempted to overtake on that blind bend, they should have tucked in behind the cyclists and waited until the road was clear. Actually so should've some of the cyclists, they should be on the left of that lane coming round the right bend, in case an idiot was on the wrong side of the road coming in the other direction. Maybe they could see the road was clear ahead from their perspective.

Anyway no excuse for the MB's behaviour that was assault.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Well, i thought your group riding was poor, you were all over the place, 3, 4 abreast, full width of the road.
    Absolutely no discipline at all, if a car driver overtakes you, as you ride like that (and they will) and meets an oncoming vehicle, he wont take a head on collision, he'll swerve back into your grp and when your dead being in the "right" wont help you at all.

The m/c could have caused a serious accident and should have ban thrown at him.