Taxc Satori fitting-with pics

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
Hi all

I have the above trainer but I can only fit the road bike in when it is set at the maximum width, i.e driveside adjuster knob screwed all the way in. This means that I cannot put the mountain bike in it as there is no further scope for it to go wider. Is this normal? Have I got a skewer for a different TT that is too wide?

Something can't be right, it's almost like it has been bent in on itself..?

Any ideas?
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    With my Satori, I connected the Mag unit directly to the frame/base without any of the extender pieces. This allows me to use standard 700 road wheels and also 26 inch mountain bike wheels (although the knob has to be screwed all the way in to accommodate this).
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Are you using the tacx supplied qr ?
  • ddraver
    Yep....well, the one the guy said was the correct QR, and which looks exactly the same as the other Tacx ones, so I assume it's the right one....

If I remove the adjustment bolt and unscrew the blue lockring it give me the required extra mm's, I assume this won't be a problem? Looking at the Tacx spare parts list suggests that maybe there are 2 plastic lock rings that are supplied and the "other" one might be a bit thinner, is this right?

It's like the guy et it in a storeroom, on it's side with something heavy on it and one of the legs has bent in a bit, but this seems unlikely....
    - @ddraver
  • jgsi
    I'lll try to post a few pics of the bike set up in the trainer today if I can. Might help you spot something with yours.
  • jgsi
    07A66809-orig.jpg
    973600B6-orig.jpg
    3BA6008A-orig.jpg
  • miss post!
  • ddraver
    Thanks JGSI - Yeah that's wierd.....Unless both my bikes have phenononally thin metal at the dropouts (possible on the MTB as it's Ti and has slightly strange dropouts - but they don't seem to effect the placement of the skewer edns in the mounts)

I think it must (somehow) have got bent....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    See here-

7027462797_d9c87475b8_z.jpg

Without the blue lock ring on it fits fine - but with it there would be no room at all...even though its adjusted so it's way over to the right - the wheel is still centred on the roller...
    - @ddraver
  • jgsi
    I think you have done the best you can with the mtb setup.
    I'd be wary if the when you close the clamp, then the outer legs should not feel 'under stress' and go too much out of alignment as you tighten... you'd be causing stress points then.
    Presumably, the width at the rear skewer is that much wider than your road setup if you measure it.
    Is it not noisy with that tyre on..? I used to have a knackred mtb on mine but had to swap the rear tyre for a slick
  • ddraver
    Yeah it was terrible, I ve got a proper tyre for the roadie, but I just wanted to do some bike up stuff on the MTB, so it was fine for that... Bar position, shifters, saddle position and so on
    - @ddraver