100 Greatest Road Climbs Sequel

2»

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Has anyone got a list of the climbs in the new book?

The first book had a website that listed the climbs but cant find similar for the new one
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Parbold hill should feature, its not that high but it seems to drag on....an on an on plus on the downside there is a speed camera which you can make flash

Click
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Parbold hill should feature, its not that high but it seems to drag on....an on an on plus on the downside there is a speed camera which you can make flash

Click

incidently mudcow if you like your hills have a look at wood lane (just off parbold hill, south of your map) - it takes you to a small 12% climb called sparrow hill - i never knew it was there till i seen it on strava, and if you're out that way and want a lovely longinsh climb have a look north of your map to stoney lane - its great- narrow and just goes on - and go north of that to bannister lane (known as hunters hill) its as steep as parbold but not as long - harry middletonc cc have their hill climb champs there - and theres a pub at the top of it. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • appletrees
    appletrees Posts: 327
    Bredwardine Hill between Bredwardine and Dorstone in Herefordshire.

It's a nasty hill starts of with 25% for about 1/2 mile then levels out to about 20% for 1/4 mile finishes off with 15% for 3/4 mile. Goes from the Wye Valley to about 290m.

The down to Dorstone is also 25% in places, with a t-junction amusingly placed at the bottom with very little run out.

V.similar in reverse to be honest.

When I was young, fit and the only chainring / block (rather than cassette in those days) combinations you could get were pretty much 42-21 bottom gear, I did manage it. I'd struggle up it on a 34-27 these days :roll: