First proper off since starting commuting

124»

Comments

• sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    WarrenG wrote:
    I've only been commuting 4 weeks but the stretch between Tooting Bec and Colliers Woods scares the living daylights out of me. I've taken to going via Wandsworth Common and Blackshaw Road just to avoid it. I used to live where you had your off and used to see cycling debris on a regulasr basis. At least St George's is close...

Yep, doing 200 yards from a&e was a plus point........
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    Bumped in to a mate in the traffic dept on my way home tonight. He said they have ID'd a stretch of road where people are most likely to be killed or seriously injured. It's from S Wimbledon to Balham. He said they thought it was due to increased bike traffic along CS7. I disagree and gave him my opinion which included the fact there were more bikes farther along CS7 but it wasn't in their 'zone'. That area is DANGEROUS.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Clapham South to Stockwell there's more bikes for sure but Tooting Bec to Colliers Wood is a lot more dangerous. Also, there's a permanent traffic jam there and people are just wandering across the road willy-nilly and also loads more traffic coming out of side-streets and blocking CS7.
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Finally settled with the bus companies insurers this week, got to wait two weeks for the cheque that'll be a year since accident.

Glad it's over but wondering why I bothered with Solicitor as it's taken almost a year and I bet I could of got the same amount much earlier going direct esp as they admitted liability early. I guess it easy to feel that way in hindsight, if it had all gone wrong having a solicitor on the case would have been worth while.

Hand is almost fine now, but still a bit of pain in finger esp when cold, but no pain killers needed, hand doctors thinks another 6 months to be completely pain free.

Now time to start looking for n+1
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Sketchley wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Welcome back Chris. I'll be keeping an eye out for you. And rouge buses!
    Aren't most London buses red?

I'd still recommend looking out for them....

I think you made him blush....

aaaaaaand I missed the date of the post....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Sketchley wrote:
    Finally settled with the bus companies insurers this week, got to wait two weeks for the cheque that'll be a year since accident.

Glad it's over but wondering why I bothered with Solicitor as it's taken almost a year and I bet I could have got the same amount much earlier going direct esp as they admitted liability early. I guess it easy to feel that way in hindsight, if it had all gone wrong having a solicitor on the case would have been worth while.

Hand is almost fine now, but still a bit of pain in finger esp when cold, but no pain killers needed, hand doctors thinks another 6 months to be completely pain free.

Glad, even if it is a long wait.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,766
    Sketchley wrote:

Glad it's over but wondering why I bothered with Solicitor as it's taken almost a year and I bet I could have got the same amount much earlier going direct esp as they admitted liability early. I guess it easy to feel that way in hindsight, if it had all gone wrong having a solicitor on the case would have been worth while.

Glad it's all sorted.
    I think mine will take a similar length of time, I still haven't even had the interim payment. :(
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Glad it was sorted. CS7 and Tooting in general are a bit of a nightmare- too many drivers with no clue and daft pedestrians. I lived there for 5 years and am still wary when I go through, be it on bike or in a car. Could be worse though, it could be Harlesden!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Burndust
    Burndust Posts: 100
    The bus driver has a lot of the blame here, he should never have let her off there, he should be in for a right bollocking from his bosses
    Boardman CX Team
    Carerra Crossfire 2