Me again!

2»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    sharpo88 wrote:
    you guys should watch a documentary called klunkers if you haven't seen it already, I feel it has changed my perspective on mountain biking in general!
    supersonic wrote:
    I've seen it - I've also seen how people made steam engines, but the world moves on.
    :lol: Damned right. I'm with Sonic here. Been riding long enough to remember bikes before V-brakes and suspension forks were even an option, and although I look back on those great days of my youth, the bikes were crap, and it wasn't the bikes that made those years great.

sharpo88 wrote:
    and as for you cool dad, stop wasting both our time by posting pointless replies, if you are not interested please refrain from posting. you seem to just be striving for attention, I am not on here to start arguments.
    +1
    Agree entirely.... Attention seeking, pointless, humourless, pedantic replies a 'Cooldad' specialty...
    So... you've been here just over a month it seems, and you're already making such assumptions about another poster? Wow. Pull that stick from where the sun don't shine and lighten up.
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    Been riding long enough to remember bikes before V-brakes and suspension forks were even an option, and although I look back on those great days of my youth, the bikes were crap, and it wasn't the bikes that made those years great.

+ many, many potatoes. When I was riding a cruddy Carrera Impetus in the late 90's, I didn't have fun because of rigid forks and steel frames; I had fun in spite of them. The only people that care about Steel frames and rigid forks are retroheads and fixie-fixated hipsters. They can have them; I for one do not miss the old ways.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    El Zomba wrote:
    The only people that care about Steel frames and rigid forks are retroheads and fixie-fixated hipsters. They can have them; I for one do not miss the old ways.
    Or folk who mentally link the fun of youth with the equipment they had.
    Basically, gear-freaks. Always obsessing over the gear, rather than just enjoying the moment.
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    Basically, gear-freaks. Always obsessing over the gear, rather than just enjoying the moment.

Oh you bloody hippy! :lol:

(Doesn't stop you from being right though! Poseurs are poseurs, regardless of their angle.)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    El Zomba wrote:

Oh you bloody hippy! :lol:

(Doesn't stop you from being right though! Poseurs are poseurs, regardless of their angle.)
    :lol:
    I know, I just like the notion that the only people who like iron fixies are "people" who ARE hippies, and people who AREN'T hippies!