Best riding day of 2012 so far...

2»

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    300k weekend in France before last with a very, very good mate who I have not seen for ages? Nah.

Numerous really sunny rides on the good bike with everything clicking and clacking and shooming as it should? Nah.

10 miles onthe Plug to the local beach for brunch with n2 child on the seat that bolts to the frame in front of me while Mrs Y and n1 child are away - sunshine, no wind along the coast, couple of decent climbs on the way back home, baggy shorts, spds and t shirt, chasing down the local club heroes and giving them a cheery bonjour as you pass them, huuuge smiles on both our faces and a mahoosif shared hot chocolate at the end of it? Average of bugger all mph? Yeah too right.

Best ride for ages.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nice one Yossie. As good as it gets :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Great ride this morning.

I was supposed to be out with a mate, but he cried off due to an injured back. Still, I went out for a swift 30miles anyway. Legs felt good, speed was up, no traffic, country lanes, sunshine, birdsong, church bells and the hum of my tyres. Couldn't be better ! At one point as I rode along the banks of a stream through a village, I realised I had a sh*t eating grin on my face. And, it appears that my new Shutt VR jersey has made me faster, I took 8mins of my previous time on the same route :lol:

As a bonus, all the other roadies I encountered en route smiled and said hello........ mut be the sunshine :wink:

I now have that warm feeling in my quads and fully expect to have an afternoon snooze.

Ace :mrgreen:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • napoleond
    Karma for having thurs and fri out, I've been stuck in with a poorly baby today and yesterday.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    It's easy to feel frustated missing out today but it's important to remember it's only March! I had to make this point to a friend who was planning a BBQ. Plenty of decent riding days ahead hopefully.

I went out yesterday in the knowledge I wouldn't ride today due to previously made plans so pushed reasonably hard. I must admit the forecast for next few days and the fact there are light hours after work made me feel more relaxed about missing out today.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I must admit the forecast for next few days and the fact there are light hours after work made me feel more relaxed about missing out today.

Yes indeed !! I plan on getting out as soon as the clock hits 5:30pm every day :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    mine was today - cheshire cat - just mindblowing, the weather, the camaraderie, the route - excellent - really made up to have done the mow cop in one, and as napd said wincle is a b*stard, just never seems to end, wish i'd got the names of the other hills, just seemed to be one after the other - but a truly memorable day, only sorry I didint do the 100.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Another cracking day for me today. Into N Wales for 70 miles with Andy Wilkinson & Co from Port Sunlight Wheelers. 4,800ft of climbing and some stunning scenery made it best day of the year. 8) 8)
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    I had a nice 76mi ride yesterday in just the same weather. Absolutely amazing.

Today was nicer, but previous made plans kept me off the bike. Still outdoors all day.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Had big plans for yesterday. Big big plans...

But when I got up at 6.45am, I couldn't see a thing out of the bedroom window due to the thick fog. So watched the Grand Prix instead.

Fog cleared into a beautiful day around 10am and I was cursing my luck as, by then, I had committed to a day's gardening. Still having gotten onto the morale high ground by mid afternoon (It was a steady climb, around 6% gradient :wink: ) , I managed to get out for a quick 25 miles.

It was an absolutely glorious evening and in hindsight, it probably worked out a lot better anyway. Under my original plan, no gardening would have gotten done!
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    mine was today - cheshire cat - just mindblowing, the weather, the camaraderie, the route - excellent - really made up to have done the mow cop in one, and as napd said wincle is a b*stard, just never seems to end, wish i'd got the names of the other hills, just seemed to be one after the other - but a truly memorable day, only sorry I didint do the 100.

Agree the Cheshire Cat is going to be hard to top, was definitely best ride of the year so far. I did do the 100 :)
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Just got back from a fantastic ride

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-17538371

Apparantly, this is what the armed police think is a fantastic ride (glad to see that they're making the best use of my taxes)
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • napoleond
    I don't get what that has to do with riding?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I don't get what that has to do with riding?

He's 'riding' the gun, you could even say that he's 'riding shotgun'.........

Makes a change from sitting around drinking tea I suppose :D:D
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • DubaiNeil
    DubaiNeil Posts: 246
    Any-hoo, back on topic...

Doing some seriously (for us) hilly stuff in Oman while the tour was on. Group of 8 from Dubai having some fun & getting "up close & personal" with the pro's - including a certain Mr Cavendish...

Top weekend away & only 5 hours by car...