Olympic Kit unveiled...

Comments

• symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    I imagine as she represents British design talent she got a 'kin huge fee as her dad was in the Beatles. Why couldn't Paul Smith design this stuff? At least he is interested in the sport.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    hammerite wrote:
    Don't get the GB cycling kit confused with the Olympics kit. This was the last affair, pretty plain and boring, but didn't look to bad and didn't introduce any colours out of nowhere.

article-0-01946D9A00000578-174_468x320.jpg

Quite agree, I used the picture of the GB cycling kit (cavendish at worlds) just to illustrate how using a traditional Union Jack orientated kit can look. Pretty damn aweful.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    symo wrote:
    I imagine as she represents British design talent she got a 'kin huge fee as her dad was in the Beatles. Why couldn't Paul Smith design this stuff? At least he is interested in the sport.

Because Paul Smith doesn't work for Adidas, Stella does.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I actually really liked the kit from the Worlds - quite bold and distinctive and a bit different.

The new one is utter rubbish though - not even the right colours and then totally unimaginitive...

Why couldnt they go with something like this: http://www.impsport.com/products-Impspo ... 4A0801.htm or http://www.impsport.com/products-Impspo ... 4A0803.htm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Back when I was a youngster, they would have had a competition on Blue Peter and come up with ten better designs. And the designers were paid in badges. Badges!
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    I have one of them (s/s jersey with Peugeot on (Cyclo-Cross)
    Pross wrote:
    Even Lizzie can't make it look good!

This remains the best British cycling jersey ever

5387688799_a160c403bb_b%255B1%255D.jpg

I had a proper official one and it is still the most comfortable cycling jersey I've worn.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    i dont mind it...Although i think the football top (not the supporters top the team issue one) would have made for a better cycling top.
  • symo
    [sarcasm]Well at least Stella turned up to the unveiling looking fantastic

OLYMPIC+KIT.jpg

[/sarcasm]
    +++++++++++++++++++++

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    symo wrote:

OLYMPIC+KIT.jpg

[/sarcasm]

She defines 'munter'
  • MickTup
    MickTup Posts: 159
    What she needs is some meat might give her the energy to get up in a morning and out of those pyjamas
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    I hate the kit so much I went onto Twitter for the first time in months, added McCartney to the few (sports related) people I currently follow, and sent my 7th ever tweet giving my considered critique of her design!
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    MickTup wrote:
    What she needs is some meat might give her the energy to get up in a morning and out of those pyjamas
    eugh! the very though of it..... I would have though meat after she had got up and out of the pyjamas might be more appropriate
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Definitely a touch of "the night of the living dead" about her and it looks like she wouldn't stop a pig in an alley
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    symo wrote:

OLYMPIC+KIT.jpg

[/sarcasm]

She defines 'munter'

If she was proud of her design why isn't she wearing it?
  • MickTup
    If she was proud of her design why isn't she wearing it?

She is :shock:
  • symo
    Seriously, who picked her for this? I am paying for this event so I think it should have been a vote to the people of this great land.

Having our team look like they are in the USA football strip from the 90's is not a help at all.
    +++++++++++++++++++++

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Is she wearing a onesie ?
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I think this kit should be torched!!! :twisted:

Doh!!! Just remembered it''ll cost £200 for the torch :roll:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    If you met her without knowing who she was, you'd never guess in a million years that she's a "fashion designer".

My step mum wears suits like that around her house, very comfortable for doing the housework apparently.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • seven7faces
    seven7faces Posts: 360
    Well I quite like it, might even buy it
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Pendleton in the GB team tracksuit.

Victoria-Pendleton-in-wom-021.jpg

Yes, it is dreadful, but that is actually rather appropriate given that the whole Olympic thing is little more than a distasteful corporate junket...

Jules Boykoff
    THE ANTI-OLYMPICS.

http://www.newleftreview.org/?view=2877

Olympics 2012 security: welcome to lockdown London

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ma ... own-london
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Has Vicky P taken up Judo?
  • Mad Roadie
    Well I quite like it, might even buy it
    WELL THERE YOU GO – you must be buying the Braille version – it’ll probably be the best seller
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    It really is awful. Is there anyway we can get it changed, or just use the old one?
    exercise.png
  • MickTup
    Apparently a report on Radio Five Live from the very lips of one of our Gold medal hopefuls. Stella, bless her sat down with all the athletes and asked them what they wanted and what they didn’t want and this is what they wanted :? Touble is I think shes mixed up the sports VP Judo extraordinair
  • Mad Roadie
    its almost as bad as the 2012 logo ! thats shocking
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    It's all Sir Chris's fault apparently
    "I spoke to Sir Chris Hoy and said, 'what can I do to help in any way?' And he said, 'I just want to look cool'."
    Olympic gold medal-winning cyclist Sir Chris Hoy, who worked with the designers on the kit, said he was delighted with the outcome and suspected other nations would be envious of their look.

From what I've seen, the Olympians who weren't present and didn't have to be diplomatic feel the same way as most of us!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Pross wrote:
    It's all Sir Chris's fault apparently
    "I spoke to Sir Chris Hoy and said, 'what can I do to help in any way?' And he said, 'I just want to look cool'."
    Olympic gold medal-winning cyclist Sir Chris Hoy, who worked with the designers on the kit, said he was delighted with the outcome and suspected other nations would be envious of their look.

From what I've seen, the Olympians who weren't present and didn't have to be diplomatic feel the same way as most of us!

I hope he demonstrates better judgement in the sprint and kierin
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Boo, boring blue! Keeps the blazers on the committees happy though – Tory blue & all that zeitgeist stuff.

That said, if athletes go on to win loads of golds then the kit will be loved by the sheep-like masses because then it will be something that represents a successful moment, but if Hoy, Ennis & the rest under-achieve on the medals tally then the kit will symbolize failure for ever more. In other words the ultimate acceptance of the kit is up to the athletes, whatever we all think at this unveiling.
  • TheStone wrote:
    It really is awful. Is there anyway we can get it changed, or just use the old one?

The Beijing one was pretty drab, too! Schools PE kit stuff.