which Garmin has ?

Team4Luke
Team4Luke Posts: 597
I have a 305, as far as I know this does not auto start, do any of the models have this ? Wouldn't mind a 500 next.
Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    not an expert, but my edge 800 flashes up a "movement detected, start timer" option. Either on GPS or with the sensor on the back wheel...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Same on the Edge 500. Only a warning that movement is detected - no autostart.
  • Team4Luke
    Team4Luke Posts: 597
    bonkers why would it not have this, forgot yesterday had done 30 odd miles before realising, hangover didn't help I guess :roll:
    Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Team4Luke wrote:
    bonkers why would it not have this, forgot yesterday had done 30 odd miles before realising, hangover didn't help I guess :roll:

At a guess because gps could trigger an autostart even when there is no movement.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Edge 800 has the movement detected message which works a treat. It beeps to help you look at the screen so if starting a ride it is pretty foolproof way of not forgetting to start the timer.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Team4Luke wrote:

However frustratingly for me, I stopped at a feed station/cafe on saturday and I was there so long that it did nt auto restart again when I left. It did see to he second time though, where I swear I was longer - maybe someone pressed the button for me?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    It doesn't have it becuase the GPS would trigger it all the time. Turn the timer on with 'auto-pause' and leave it on the side for 24 hours. Come back and you'll have loads of time accrued due to fluctuations in the GPS.