Lidl cycling offers

2»

Comments

• jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    edited March 2012
    The Gilet was huge I would say there M 38-40 is a large and it's made of really thick wind proof material that also looks waterproof not something that could be folded and put in your pocket. So It went back for a refund. If you want a Gilet that's thicker than most Jerseys and will wear it for the hole ride again it's a bargain at £7.99

+1 I normally take a medium, but even the small is a tad larger than I would like! Length and chest is okay, but it's a bit loose around the waist (I am quite skinny). And it is a bit bulky - I have a Scott windstopper jacket that feels about half the weight! But it also retailed at 10x the price :wink: . Not a bad piece of kit for the money, though, good for a shortish ride on a chilly day.

Not sure about the gloves - padding is okay (until it compresses!), good fit but the stitching doesn't look like it will last. If I get 6 months out of them, I'll be happy.

Glasses are better than expected - well, they fit my narrow head at least, which is rare! 8)
  • I didn`t think much of the gilet the front panel is just pvc backed material and it doesn`t fold down very small.
  • Saw this and bought a gilet today. Taking it back tomorrow.
    It's a size small but is pretty big (I guess every ones different tho so can't blame them)
    But it's going back becuase it takes five minutes to zip up/un zip. Really crap zip/design and catches all the time.
    The gloves looked good for cheap gloves and the saddle bag looks alright.
    Might exchange it for a base layer as they look alright.
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    Saw this and bought a gilet today. Taking it back tomorrow.
    It's a size small but is pretty big (I guess every ones different tho so can't blame them)
    But it's going back becuase it takes five minutes to zip up/un zip. Really crap zip/design and catches all the time.
    The gloves looked good for cheap gloves and the saddle bag looks alright.
    Might exchange it for a base layer as they look alright.

I picked up one of the baselayers, they seem pretty good. I go for a medium in Castelli and a medium in these fits too.
  • Cheers. Hopefully they have small instock.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Plenty of stock in Northampton, the base layers are good and the mitts are fine but in some larey colours :? The glasses looked stylish, the prices, of everything, do tend to take the breath away.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    I bought 3 sets of the glasses for general riding. I'll just keep adding a new bit when something breaks / gets lost till less than 1 set left. Under £25 for 3 sets isn't bad and should last a year or two
    Peter
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    I picked up a S/S baselayer :|

Fit is good and quality seems good too.
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    i had a look at the light set,the front light is really big.
    no way would i have it on my bike :(
    i bought some shorts size large and yes they are large but still fit my lard ass :lol:
    the silverline pad is good.i may go back and get the 3/4 length shorts today..
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    Bought a set of the sun glasses with the changeable lenses, really impressed with them so far
  • Flexisurfer
    Flexisurfer Posts: 249
    I got the glasses, really impressed for the price and I got the pump to leave at work.
  • awhitu2
    awhitu2 Posts: 1
    I bought some of the cheaper energy bars recently at Lidl and they were the best I have had. Unfortunately I have eaten the last and forgot to note down the name. Now my local branch has sold out.

They bars were soft and had what looked like a chocolate coating. Any ideas what they might have been please? Would love to order some more from somewhere.

Cheers
    Errol
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095

Am I right in thinking that, generally speaking, Lidl clothing comes up much bigger than branded stuff?

It is designed for Germans not Italians. So if you are a medium kind of guy don't get XL but erm... medium. When they give EU sizing it seems pretty good. Got the missus a 42 bike jersey and it was right on the money.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme