Lidl cycling offers

essjaydee
essjaydee Posts: 917
edited August 2015 in Road beginners
They are doing cycling kit offers again....click on the link below, then the 'special offers' tab to view :wink:

http://www.lidl.co.uk

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Has anyone got one of the bike hoists? Any good for £4.99?
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Bought something v similar from Aldi - they are great for the money.

These actually look better - the end hooks are proper [curved] hooks, whereas mine are more 'L' shaped....and more prone to 'dropping' a bike (although they never have.
  • BobScarle
    BobScarle Posts: 282
    I use one of the Aldi bike hoists for working on the bike, adjusting gears, brakes, etc. Very useful and seem quite strong. Much easier than trying to hold the back wheel in the air with one hand, peddaling with the other and making adjustments with your third!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Has anyone got one of the bike hoists? Any good for £4.99?

I bought one of these last year. They're OK but I think that by the time you've lowered the rigging, fiddled around getting the bike to stay on the supports, hoisted it and tied off the rope securely you'd be better off lifting the frame onto a couple of hooks screwed into the wall, or roof beam. Let's face it, if you can't lift your bike it's too heavy, or you're a weed. :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    In case anyone wonders as to the quality of the stuff on offer, previous promotions have yielded reasonable, VFM clothing that serves it's purpose. The underwear have been very effective, also the returns policy is simplicity itself. Take it back, hand it over, they hand you the cash.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • ricey155
    ricey155 Posts: 233
    got 2 winter jackets one from Aldi still going strong 2 years on

and the new one January from Lidl both good solid well made jacket, you cant beat it for the money

cheers for the heads up :mrgreen:
  • +1 Track Pump as well.
    Bought one last time round with no issues or anything. Will buy another one for work/spares.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    What are the base layers like anyone?
  • Peddle Up!
    +1 Track Pump as well.
    Bought one last time round with no issues or anything. Will buy another one for work/spares.

Mine packed in after a month's use, but Lidl refunded my money without fuss.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I have a hoist, I bent the hooks a bit to make them more erm hookier and it's been fine, it's great with limited space but high ceilings.
  • Thebigbee
    Thebigbee Posts: 570
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    +1 Track Pump as well.

Yep - mine packed up after a few uses - couldn't find the receipt so lost out.

Not recommended IMO
  • Thebigbee
    If the "Bike Tool Kit" which looks like it comes with a saddle bag - is anything like the Aldi one they sell at the same price it is FANTASTIC VFM. The Aldi, anyway, multitool is excellent quality as is the saddle bag. A fiver?! Try picking up ANY multitool or saddlebag for £2.50 each with a puncture repair kit thrown in.

Excellent VFM - not too sure many of the other things are worth getting though.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Thebigbee wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    +1 Track Pump as well.

Not recommended IMO

Did you ask them for a refund? Given that the things are only available for a week or so and unique to Lidl, they can hardly argue much about when you bought it. I'd be surprised if they didn't refund.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Peddle Up!
    Rolf F wrote:
    Did you ask them for a refund? Given that the things are only available for a week or so and unique to Lidl, they can hardly argue much about when you bought it. I'd be surprised if they didn't refund.

If in doubt this Harry Potter spell rarely fails. "I am rejecting this item as not being of merchantable quality".
  • Thebigbee
    Rolf F wrote:
    Thebigbee wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    +1 Track Pump as well.

Not recommended IMO

Tried - phoned the 0845 no but had lost the receipt and they didn't want to know. Not the first time I have had a problem with Lidl things with "3 year warranty" either.

They are even more awkward than Play - let's put it like that!

Never knew how good the CS is with retailers like Wiggle, CRC, Amazon until you have to deal with idiots at Play and Lidl / Aldi!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    My colleague didn't even get one stroke out of his track pump before it broke- the valve attachment fell apart. Instant refund; didn't fancy trying his luck with a replacement.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    DrLex wrote:
    My colleague didn't even get one stroke out of his track pump before it broke- the valve attachment fell apart. Instant refund; didn't fancy trying his luck with a replacement.

Sounds like the Bell track pump i bought from asda, utter tosh!
  • Alan114
    Alan114 Posts: 5
    Thebigbee wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    +1 Track Pump as well.

Not recommended IMO

Mine also broke after a couple of uses.
  • bagz3
    bagz3 Posts: 253
    i get base layers from Aldi for golf, i cant fault them, imagine these will be pretty similar.
  • squint and those glasses could pass as oakley jawbone !!!
  • Thebigbee
    squint and those glasses could pass as oakley jawbone !!!

Actually a good price for glasses with interchangeable lens, case and 3 year warranty.

The problem is - the warranty is a load of BS from experience.

Even if you have the receipt they don't just let you send a photo of it as an attachment. You have to send the physical receipt. If you don't do that recorded they make out they haven't received it. Even if you do it will take about 3 months from initial complaint to getting your item replaced. They won't refund.

The tool kit/ saddle bag is great value - don't think anything else is.

Just keep that in mind. Keep the receipt and also realise that you will have to return that on a signed service for them to even entertain any kind of replacement. They DO NOT refund. And you could be waiting MONTHS for them to even acknowledge the complaint, let alone send a replacement for a faulty item they have sold.

CS is an utter joke.
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    the saddle bag and tools are just fine

the track pump not so much I now have a nice giant track pump with a gauge that works!

Clothing is great value for money just check on the sizes they are a bit hit and miss. It all makes very useable every day kit.
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • Chris87
    Chris87 Posts: 224
    i got one of the compression long sleeve base layers from ALDI and its brilliant, very good temp control and the merino in it helps it keep fresh, not as good as a 100% merino layer but very very good for the price!
  • Paul_iow
    Paul_iow Posts: 110
    Has anyone got or tried the pannier bag? I dont need one for everyday use and could be just the job for the LEJOG trip later in the year.
  • ads2k
    ads2k Posts: 135
    Paul_iow wrote:
    Has anyone got or tried the pannier bag? I dont need one for everyday use and could be just the job for the LEJOG trip later in the year.

Got the previous version from year before last and it's still going strong :D
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    These look a real bargain see below.....

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl ... _29730.htm
  • ineedalager
    ineedalager Posts: 374
    Just got back from Lidl's bought myself a Crivit jersey and Gilet in medium as I lost so much weight I used to be XL!

The Jesery is really good Quality and a nice snug fit. 3 pockets and a zip pocket I would definatley reccomend it for £6.99 you can't go wrong!

The Gilet was huge I would say there M 38-40 is a large and it's made of really thick wind proof material that also looks waterproof not something that could be folded and put in your pocket. So It went back for a refund. If you want a Gilet that's thicker than most Jerseys and will wear it for the hole ride again it's a bargain at £7.99

Lots of cyclists in there buying the lights and everything else in the cycling bargains
  • Peddle Up!
    Got the lights for the pub bike. They look OK so far.
  • Just got back from Lidl's bought myself a Crivit jersey and Gilet in medium as I lost so much weight I used to be XL!

The Jesery is really good Quality and a nice snug fit. 3 pockets and a zip pocket I would definatley reccomend it for £6.99 you can't go wrong!

The Gilet was huge I would say there M 38-40 is a large and it's made of really thick wind proof material that also looks waterproof not something that could be folded and put in your pocket. So It went back for a refund. If you want a Gilet that's thicker than most Jerseys and will wear it for the hole ride again it's a bargain at £7.99

Lots of cyclists in there buying the lights and everything else in the cycling bargains

Am I right in thinking that, generally speaking, Lidl clothing comes up much bigger than branded stuff? Those jerseys look a bargain for shorter rides, but would have no idea what size to get.
  • Speller78
    Speller78 Posts: 22
    Just been down to Lidl, got two jerseys (one with arm warmers), pair of mitts, waterproof coats for both my kids and a bottle of olive oil all for less than a dhb short sleeve jersey. Happy days!