Compression Clothing

MickTup
MickTup Posts: 159
What’s the general view on compression clothing does it work? I’m considering purchasing some tighs or calf guards as I suffer with dead and sore legs after hard sessions and was wondered if these would aid in any way?

Comments

• ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    MickTup wrote:
    What’s the general view on compression clothing does it work? I’m considering purchasing some tighs or calf guards as I suffer with dead and sore legs after hard sessions and was wondered if these would aid in any way?

I think Joe Friels homepage has done a review of current thinking. Personally I love my compression socks after a hard ride when I can't just flop on the sofa (and on long car journeys) but whether its just a placebo effect I think is unclear
  • Girya
    Girya Posts: 23
    I use XBionic cycling gear, and now trying their compression tights and Under Armour Recharge tights after a long session. Seems good, but 24hours in the Recharge tights is a pain to be honest.
  • ms
    ms Posts: 143
    Good quality cpmpession gear from Red venom and cheap as chips too

http://redvenom.co.uk/
  • BruunLoss
    BruunLoss Posts: 103
    I'm new to this subject and sport still, how does compression gear effect you/recovery or cycle? I ordered a compression vest yesterday, more just to keep my fat looking trimmer in my cycling top! LOL
  • ineedalager
    ineedalager Posts: 374
    I just bought a compression short sleeve top of ebay from Taiwan £8.75 it took 3 weeks to get here but is is good quality and feels good to wear. I've been using it instead of my long sleeve winter compression top and it feels good. I riding faster lately wether it's the new top my new Mavic Aksiums weightloss fitness or a combo of all. The better I feel and the better my kit I seem to go faster! :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150770203420? ... 1497.l2649
  • mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    I wear a craft compression base layer (were £6 from PBK in the sale?), provides a lot of support to my core. I really noticed the difference when I started wearing it - and I consequently bought another 4 :)
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • BruunLoss
    BruunLoss Posts: 103
    Mine came from Chain Reaction Cycles, only £14.00 by Asics. Nice.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I use compression leggings after long/hard rides and calf ones if i've been running. The benefits are definitely noticeable, particularly on multiday things or during hard training. It's not like you put them on and then feel as if you haven't ridden, but I'd say there is a good couple of notches difference on a 1 to 10 scale if they are worn for several hours.

The best thing for calves is the medical socks that they make you wear after an operation!

Edit - I got some Skins ones cheap last year which are great. They have a mesh section for your undercarriage which is great for stopping boil in the bag problems :oops:
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    I wear Skin base layers but only because they're made well, fit me perfectly and last. Don't believe any of the marketing personally.