RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood
    ABC
    Human League
    The Dooleys
    :roll:
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Currently listening to a mix that OMAHB did of Chasing Legends and Tron, but I also love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6XWjsoKbMis and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpxHHiKG1VU&feature=youtu.be

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Currently listening to a mix that OMAHB did of Chasing Legends and Tron, but I also love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6XWjsoKbMis and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpxHHiKG1VU&feature=youtu.be

Love n hugs

DD

Don't come creeping back on here now your ilk have kicked up such a kerfuffal!!!!!!!!!!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Queen (loved 'em since I first heard them when I was 9, now my little 'un likes them too)
    AC/DC
    Def Leppard
    John Lee Hooker
    Do Diddley

I could go on but you will already have established that I am not cool

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • No, and especially not if being wed to a genre is a definition.
    I don't often go gigging these days, but I do know that the only music on my desert island (Antarctica - now that might be cool) would be from bands I've seen live. Mid-80s I would see the Style Council one week and Half Man Half Biscuit the next. That was not seen as weird by my peers - we just listened to every bloody thing. Music was the buzz. Peel was our high priest.
    These days I try to find unusual stuff around the dial but often end up with 6Music, which seems like it's preaching to the choir. It's great that it was saved from extinction but some people could do with changing their act a bit (Mark Radcliffe I'm thinking of you).
    And just to reiterate, for a different reason, no - I'm 50 next year FFS.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    jordan_217 wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Steps, Gemini, Five, The Vengaboys, NKOTB, Bros, So Solid Crew. Yep, I'm down with the kids.

LOVE the Vengaboys.

Well, this bad boy anyway.

Saw them at Uni and they were great.

I'm sure they love you too Rick. Just like I do

You two-get a room :oops:
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    40 years old and loving music as much as I did in my teens. Still buying proper vinyl records (yes they still make them) but not as much these days due to the bike addiction. I used to spend my hard earned on rare early 80's Italian disco records, now I spend it on bloody Italian bikes! The spare room was my record room...now it's turning into the bike room :oops:
    [pre bikes in the old house - now I can't move for spare wheels, tyres and general bits]
    recordroom.jpg
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Nice collection - I bet a house fire would really ruin your day :o

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    http://youtu.be/GU_1t8kK6wA

Loving this atm
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you have to ask if you are cool, then............... :?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Don't come creeping back on here now your ilk have kicked up such a kerfuffal!!!!!!!!!!!

My music taste not to your liking? And for the record I don't "Creep", I stalk, it's a female thing when one is/was lacking in certain areas, got me what I thought I'd never find.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Steps, Gemini, Five, The Vengaboys, NKOTB, Bros, So Solid Crew. Yep, I'm down with the kids.

jesus...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Well, I don't stick to one particular genre and I go more for alternative stuff (out of quality rather than principle), so yes, I guess that I am effortlessly cool when it comes to music.
  • Anonymous
    jordan_217 wrote:

LOVE the Vengaboys.

Wrong.
  • Don't think I've ever been cool. Just like different stuff. Currently into country music in a big way. One of my long-time favourites is Eric Clapton, and I don't think he's been cool since before I was born (I'm 39)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    jordan_217 wrote:

LOVE the Vengaboys.

Wrong.

You've gotta embrace the indulgent meta-ironic love for cheesey/bad music in a way only some pompous uni students can ;).

(Rather me actually liking it.....Which of course is totally not the case.....*ahem*)
  • Anonymous
    jordan_217 wrote:

LOVE the Vengaboys.

Wrong.

You've gotta embrace the indulgent meta-ironic love for cheesey/bad music in a way only some pompous uni students can ;).

(Rather me actually liking it.....Which of course is totally not the case.....*ahem*)

I wanted to point out the obvious student-cheese lurve if for things that are fromage and bad (Jim Bowen, baby food, these were some of my sisters pecadillos) but I intentionally avoided it so not to be cliche'd. I think The Venga Boys is a bad example, especially when the group itself is named incorrectly. Mind you the way the black girl sings is rather saucy. :oops:
  • I used to spend my hard earned on rare early 80's Italian disco records...

You've got even more records than me!

I don't suppose you have a spare copy of Mr. Flagio – Take A Chance that you want to donate to me?
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I used to spend my hard earned on rare early 80's Italian disco records...

You've got even more records than me!

I don't suppose you have a spare copy of Mr. Flagio – Take A Chance that you want to donate to me?

Believe it or not I may actually have a double! Great track :D I'll have a dig some time this week...
  • Believe it or not I may actually have a double! Great track :D I'll have a dig some time this week...

If you do I would be willing to part with some cash, as it is sought after and worth a few bob...
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    No - but that's what makes it cool.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • HonestAl
    HonestAl Posts: 406
    Aww, reading this takes me back to school days, long, long, long ago. You didn't wear your heart on your sleeve, but certainly did carry your LP under your arm to signify your allegiance to a particular genre of music. And of course, if you were a carrier of, e.g. In the Court of the Crimson King (still an awesome cover IMO) or Stand Up then you couldn't possibly also like Motown Chartbusters Vol 3 (despite it containing some fantastic music)

Ah, we were so open minded back then...
    "The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm a terrible hipster. 40 this year and still trying to stay current. So I'm currently in absolute awe of Burials "Kindred" EP. But as I was around at the height of "grunge" I'm also loving Mark Lanegans new album.

I don't understand why people fixate on music of a certain period.

But I am a simple creature.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Anonymous
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm a terrible hipster. 40 this year and still trying to stay current. So I'm currently in absolute awe of Burials "Kindred" EP. But as I was around at the height of "grunge" I'm also loving Mark Lanegans new album.

I don't understand why people fixate on music of a certain period.

But I am a simple creature.

I think frank Skinner made a valid point on this a while back. He was looking at his own music tastes and likes and noticed that while he kept up to date with music he essentially has stuck with the music he liked and bought up to the age of 30. Anything after that was bought sparsely but he was pretty stuck with the music he loved from early teens to late 20's, he always reverted back to it. I have noticed it in myself, being 41 now I like Kasabian and other stuff, but still go back and youtube the likes of The Pixies, REM, PWEI, Eels, Wonder Stuff, etc.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    not cool & don't care. I listen to what makes me happy. My nephew made me laugh the other day telling me about this fantastic heavy metal band he'd discovered - Black Sabbath. I've sent him on his way with an old tape player and a load more of Ozzy along with some Saxon, Deep Purple, Rainbow and others.

currently have a thing for listening to Juliette Greco & Maximo Park
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Am I cool? In my mind I am, bugger what other people think.
    I listen to Gary Numan, The Wedding Present, OMD and loads of indie stuff fom the mid-late 80's as well as leftfield stuff like Folkstorm, Nekrosov and Sleep Research Facility.
    What to listen to something different? Something to scare the neighbours? Then head to Cold Spring for your Ritual, Drone, Doom, Sludge, Japonoise, Experimental, Noise, Neo-folk, Ambient and Industrial and anything in-between.
    Can you hear Talvin Singh?!["/i]
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • The hubby & I are huge music collectors - we must have thousands of albums between us by now, first on vinyl (ah, vinyl! *sigh*), which we replaced with CD, now all on MP3.

Am I cool - hell yeah! Would anyone else think I was cool, dunno, dont care. My kids dont think so, of course.

But at my niece's 14th birthday BBQ it was my ipod in the dock - playing my "aerobic intensity" playlist as the dicso - its all my favourite upbeat stuff which includes everything from 1950's RocknRoll, thru to Michael Jackson then Tiny Tempah etc, and which I exercise to!