Garmin 705 and Strava Time Issue

hugo15
hugo15 Posts: 1,101
When I upload ride data from my Garmin 705 to Starva the ride time and the elapsed time are identical - it's the elapsed time for both. This means that the average is based on the toal time rather than the ride time. When I upload to Garin Connect or SportsTracks everything is fine. Has anyone else had this problem and did you manage to fix it?

I've sent a note to Starva to ask them the question too.

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Strava is doing it correctly. Strava cares about what you actually did, not what you happened to do whilst pedalling. You didn't really ride at at 20mph average if you kept stopping and getting a rest...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • hugo15
    Not looking for a debate on how to measure the average speed on a ride.........., just trying to fix the upload issue. When I look at the rides others have uploaded the ride time is less than the elapsed time, which is what I would expect.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Do you have autopause on?
    More problems but still living....
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    amaferanga wrote:

I don't think it matters as I've just looked back at what way things were calculated when I had auto pause off and it still shows different time and elapsed time and likewise now that I have auto pause on (powertap away for repairs again :roll: ).

I'd submit a ticket.

I had one last week where Garmin Connect & Golden Cheetah (how annoying that both abbreviate to GC :D ) report the same time which was the time I was shown on the comp. I still haven't heard anything back yet. Not the same issue as yours as I do have different time and elapsed on that one just too much in the time which under reported riding average speed so seems they have some bugs with their importer which I'm sure they will sort.
  • hugo15
    amaferanga wrote:

Yes Autopause is on. I didn't notice it the first few times I used Starva as my rides were non-stop give or take a few seconds at road junctions, but when I was out on Sunday I stopped for a couple of minutes to eat a snack and that's when I noticed there was no difference in teh times in Starva. Garmin Connect show the correct times and uses the ride time to calculate the average, as does SportsTracks. I've raised a support request with Strava and see what they say. I'll post again when I hear from them.
  • hugo15
    Had a reply back from Strava.................... They are saying it is because of the way Starva recognises stopped time. Their answer is to turn autopause off. Sounds wrong to me. I was completely stationary for around 2 minutes while I stopped to eat so there should be a difference between ride time and elapsed time......... Garmin Connect and SportTracks have it right!! Can't seem to get this through to them...................

Any other 705 and Strava users out there? Could you post what your settings are for auto pause and also for zero averaging. Thanks.
  • hugo15
    Think I've managed to sort this now. I was running my 705 with version 3.10 of the firmware. I updated it to 3.30, which is the latest version, and it seems to have fixed the problem.