Leg Stubble...

2»

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    jim55 wrote:
    Iv got to say and this is a serious question , why do some riders shave their legs or remove hair/ immac whatever

Makes your muscles look bigger!

I'll be doing my 'special place' tonight then!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    jordan_217 wrote:
    jim55 wrote:
    Iv got to say and this is a serious question , why do some riders shave their legs or remove hair/ immac whatever

Makes your muscles look bigger!

I'll be doing my 'special place' tonight then!

You may joke but I believe that is why it is done at the more professional end of that particular 'special' industry.

For the men that is.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    ^^^^^ I'm sure Aggie will be along soon to confirm.....
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • jim55 wrote:

More comfortable riding in long leged lycra during the winter. Looks good in summer, as has been said, enhances your muscle tone (very vain, but there you go!), and it seriously helps with dealing with road rash and massages.

Before getting rid of the hair, sports massages were painful due to my heavily forested legs. I had one after my last sportive and it was a lot more enjoyable and effective. Also I came off last week and dealing with the wound and road rash was so much easier and cleaner.

But I'm mainly going for the vanity vote. Now I know how to deal with the stubble irritation (exfoliating and moisturising really does work), I'm having a hair free year on the bike.

Also the woman likes it...I'm not reading too much into it, but it's a little concerning!!
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

I live in Rainham and have been shaving my legs for years.

Are you a member of any of the local clubs? Wigmore or Medway Velo by any chance?

Medway Velo, although do know a few lads from Wigmore CC as well.

I've recently joined Wigmore and have started ride outs with Velo aswell on Saturdays (sportives permitting) to get the miles in. Have you been out much this year?

I have been out a fair bit, I kick back off after Feb half term. I get out on Saturdays, go out with the A's, I have a black and whit Felt with deep sections or ride a Litespeed when the weather is iffy. Doing the gran Fondo Dragonride and want a good time so aiming for that right now. If you see me say hello, :D
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Yossie wrote:

Cheaper than shaving, less time between treatments, and, as per posts passim, if you get one of those mobile beautician burds to do it, bung her an extra fiver or a bag of chips for afterwards and she may bash you off as well/get her norks out while doing it.

Brilliant! :D
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I am starting to come round to the idea... but have shaved 'em yet. I don't get regular massages so can't use that excuse. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Leg stubble? Not me, the missus has though............. :wink:
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Easy - have loads of chemo and irradiation treatment, I did. Never need to do the legs again.
    Slows you down on the hills though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'