work mates taking the mick

2»

Comments

• That last picture is hideous - white socks and sandals :shock:

I was wondering if the sleeve design of pic 1 were 'go faster flames?'

In all seriousness though, I respect a guy like him for at least getting out there and taking that first step to fitness, it takes a lot of guts (pun intended) to wear lycra when you are that size.
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    [MENTAL MICKY] the top photo looks just like the guy im on about he spends more time at the snacks machine buying chocolate and cans of coke than working. i work nights in a distrbution wherehouse so we have a uniform and safety clothing we have to wear but for the ride in i wear night vision winter cruisers under my Baggies for extra warmth in the winter or leg warmers and Baggies depending on the weather a merino wool base layer and jersey under a goretex wind proof jacket. with the most important piece my helmet which do make people turn their heads (matt titanium giro hex)
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    SUPERSUTT wrote:
    [MENTAL MICKY] the top photo looks just like the guy im on about he spends more time at the snacks machine buying chocolate and cans of coke than working. i work nights in a distrbution wherehouse so we have a uniform and safety clothing we have to wear but for the ride in i wear night vision winter cruisers under my Baggies for extra warmth in the winter or leg warmers and Baggies depending on the weather a merino wool base layer and jersey under a goretex wind proof jacket. with the most important piece my helmet which do make people turn their heads (matt titanium giro hex)
    Punctuation helps.
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    He seems very interested in what you are wearing.

Could he be

Daffydt.jpg

:?: :shock:
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    Happens to me a lot. Frequently get told I look ridiculous if i arrive in lycra after a long road ride in. To be fair I have seen myself in the mirror wearing road gear and I can't disagree with them. Usually just defend it as a required evil for going fast and being comfortable.

If i show up in MTB gear after a morning on the trails people ask WTF is that tube on your shoulder?

Either way the conversation reduces to the opinion that I am a lunatic and for cycling to work instead of driving or taking the bus, and that the extra training miles are a ludicrous idea that only a sadist would do.

In the end I just say "if you were a cyclist you would understand".
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • I've just had an idea for all those budding entrepreneurs out there.

Design some kinda outdoor changing room that can fold up pocket size and combine that with the pocket shower and hey presto, you could make a mint out of selling these these to commuting cyclists that wish to avoid the walk of shame into their work establishment. :wink:

Pop-up-Folding-Beach-Tentchanging-Room-KTC-8-.jpg

p2356_big.jpg
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    I don't wear Lycra except as a base layer, this is because designers the world over have created really nice functional non Lycra riding clothes for us to wear.

Lycra is a choice but it is not the only choice, (unless you are a roadie)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No Lycra on my commute, baggies and a Base layer T most the time (soft shell in winter, and when it's very dark I wear a hi-vis vest as my commute is on very dark country lanes), I get a bit of friendly mickey take at work, but nothing serious, as my baggies are Green (3 pairs all one colour as they were a bargain!) one guy even calls me the Green Hornet - I'd hardly class that as insulting!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sandy771
    sandy771 Posts: 368
    You have to come in through the back door

Must be my sad ex Naval sense of humour but was I the only person to find this funny on a lycra thread?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Must be my sad ex Naval sense of humour, but no I thought exactly the same when I read it!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.