No MTBing = grumpy MTBer?!

2»

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I get very grumpy when I'm stuck down in London at uni. Even if I had the bike down here I tend to have to spend most of the time actually doing work (yes I know it's weird... work and student :shock: ) and don't have the time to head out anywhere to ride properly.

On top of that I have no room to keep a bike down here. It makes me very very grumpy :(
    It's the opposite for me, I find myself doing far too much riding and not enough work when I'm at university (in Bangor), and I get grumpy at home (Nottingham) because there's not a lot of decent riding there.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Just had a week of no riding due to torrential rain and family committments.

Fortunately tonight my son decided he didn't want to go to Cubs, so I got out and had a great, unscheduled ride.

I haven't been off the bike for a week for ages. It felt great to get back on, and I probably enjoyed the ride more.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    We are managing to squeeze a cheeky ride in tomorrow morning - can't wait :D

Although, as is the way with these things, I realised this morning that I have no rear brake pad. And no spare. Pah :?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • miss notax wrote:
    We are managing to squeeze a cheeky ride in tomorrow morning - can't wait :D

Although, as is the way with these things, I realised this morning that I have no rear brake pad. And no spare. Pah :?

It's perfectly possible to do a ride with just the front, long as you take it easy. :wink:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm not very good at taking it easy!!! :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • ^^^ Pump those trails hard then. :lol:
  • Yikes, I am out for 20 miles tomorow morning, collecting my eldest from Triathlon training then doing ten more miles with him, whole family out cycling Sunday, then a night ride in Thetford Forest Monday night, yet reading this has brought me out in a cold sweat! No more threads likethis thank you very much! :twisted:
  • NJG01
    NJG01 Posts: 13
    Probably would be the case if I could get out and ride enough to feel that I've missed a ride... :cry: Regularly wish I could be out on the bike but theres degrees and stuff that must come first given how much they cost now :shock:

Cant wait for the summer break. Only thing is then come next year ill be going stir crazy sitting knowing itll be Christmas before I can get out again - and thats if we dont get any of the white stuff again.

*Edit* Much as this is my first post and a pretty negative one at that, I have been using this website for a while now, technical issues with e-mail accounts and stuff meant I should probably start a new account (as it was I wasn't very active and doubt that will change)