Commuting distance mileage landmarks

2»

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Stats are a curse, beware

I'm free this year and it's very liberating taking the shorter route without any feelings of dread
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Only if you let them be. The desire to stay in bed as long as possible in the morning and to get home and see the family in the evening override such worries.
    I enjoy riding my bike, but I'm also quite lazy.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    mudcow007 wrote:
    mine is only about 5 miles too but i generally go a different way home an end up doing 25 miles per day

I wish I could still do that. I used to be able to easily do a nice, countryside loop of 15-25 miles on the way home (or even to work). But now my commute takes me 1h 45m, and even though I only do 5 miles each way, I'm not inclined to stretch it out. :(
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Only if you let them be. The desire to stay in bed as long as possible in the morning and to get home and see the family in the evening override such worries.
    I enjoy riding my bike, but I'm also quite lazy.

indeed, more likley to care about strava though mostly I forget, don't get me wrong I like seeing I've jumped a place up in stats or strava but I always forget about it, once on the bike.