Numb fingers - stem too long?

2»

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    JGSI wrote:
    It was meant slight tongue in cheek... but if the OP needs an even shorter stem than an already short 100mm, I would suggest that the whole bike is probably wrong in size in the first place.
    Road bikes are not designed to be sit up and beg positioning.

Note: people have varying geometry as well as bikes. A short stem, in no way, shape or form guarantees that a) the bike is the wrong size and b) that the rider will be sat upright with one.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    on my first bike i got numb thumbs, all it was was the hoods were set too far down on the bars, so i had to lean more.

a bit like this
    525x525px-LL-c7844a1d_vbattach11691.jpg

so i rotated the bars and set the hoods level with them
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Rolf F wrote:
    JGSI wrote:
    It was meant slight tongue in cheek... but if the OP needs an even shorter stem than an already short 100mm, I would suggest that the whole bike is probably wrong in size in the first place.
    Road bikes are not designed to be sit up and beg positioning.

Note: people have varying geometry as well as bikes. A short stem, in no way, shape or form guarantees that a) the bike is the wrong size and b) that the rider will be sat upright with one.........

cheers mate.. I'll sleep easier for knowing that now... whoosh, I feel like a 11 year old being ticked orf by pater :shock: not that.I'm name calling you a patrononising.......... you understand