Recommend a sports massuer nr derby

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
Hi all,

This may? be in the wrong section, but anyway. For about the last year i have been having a "dead" feeling in my legs, the left more so than the right, previous to this i could do almost unlimited training with no problems. Then one day i woke up & just on walking the fronts of my quads were so tight it felt like they would snap. Since then my training has been at a much lower level with my legs seeming to have no ooommpph in them, (the left almost feels like someone is tightening a tourniquet around it). I've had all sorts of nerve tests, blood tests, heart tests , the lot & all is fine, but my legs are still shot !

I thought of trying a good sports massage? or any other suggestions are welcome?
I'm based nr Derby so any contacts around there would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
:)
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I used to go here http://www.footkneeandbackclinic.co.uk/contactus.html in Long Eaton when I lived up that way. Sometimes saw Steve who was the physio, but he also had a sports masseur working with who was very good.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Adrian Timmis at www.cadencesport.co.uk
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I've used Paul Ray in Spondon with some success - sorted out a back problem for me - he's got plenty of experience been going quite a while - google him and he comes up - he is or was a triathlete too so has some understanding of cycling.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    Thanks Fellas,

I'll give one of them a whirl & see what gives.
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.