a commuters lunch

2»

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I just ate my weight in tuna mayo with cheese and beans with a baked potato on the side.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Giant baked potato with chicken jalfrezi on top, + a packet of crisps.

Had a panini from Caffe Nero for 'brunch', and I've got shortbread, apple, orange, banana to keep me going til hometime.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bonkstrong
    bonkstrong Posts: 120
    Quinoa - it's the future, I've tasted it...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Those innocent veg pots are good. Better if you add prawns or chicken
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    yes! Jacket potato and something spicy is always a win!
    I went with a chicken curry with a couple of plain rolls and a slice of breadpudding today.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    chilli jacket.

mars bar.
  • Chicken breast meat, broccoli and brown rice for me:)
    best microwave oven
    best microwave
    microwave oven reviews
    microwave reviews
    Find out more about the best microwaves on offer!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Fresh anchovy fillets and a seafood salad (i.e. squid bits, capers, pepers in a lil oil & vinegar) - washed down with some pressed apple juice.

Yeah - I felt summery today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    TGOTB wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So a Sainsbury's £3 meal deal, posh ham and cheese sandwich, oj and a packet of Quavers.
    Tesco's £2.50 meal deal: Chicken & Bacon sandwich (nice granary bread and no rabbit food), packet of Kettle Chips and a can of Coke.
    We've got a Tesco recently opened now. Sandwiches and juice not as good as the Sainsbury's version. You can get a £3 sarnie as part of a £3 deal with Tropicana juice. Tesco only allow some sarnies and own brand juice.
    Friday tomorrow so cafe for Sausage, bacon, egg, fried slice, beans, mushrooms, hash browns and a couple of rounds of toast all washed down with a mug of tea. If I'm feeling peckish I sometimes add bubble.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I bleemin' love Sainsburys.... one of my favourite shops.

Keeps all the riff-raff out of Waitrose.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The Tesco Express just by my work were selling 750ml bottles of Copella apple juice for £1.45 today. Or 2 for £3.

Nice.

My food today was cheese, tomato and branston in ciabatta, with half a big bag of crunchy sticks and 2 chocolate eclairs. Normally I have fruit with my sandwich but today the eclairs were only £1 for 4 so had to eat 2, with 2 left for tomorrow :-) All washed down with freshly squeezed orange juice, none of that Tropicana sh*te.
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    What's in my lunchbox?

A huge Cumberland sausage and two ripe avocados.
  • Ignoring previous post :lol:

Always bring in loads of fruit, small tub nuts + raisins for snacking on. Sometimes take a boiled egg when I remember.

Main lunch, this week bolognaise lean mince with carrot, broccoli. Next week turkey chilli, maybe fish & veg towards the end.

Exciting times!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    edited March 2012
    Joelsim wrote:
    The Tesco Express just by my work were selling 750ml bottles of Copella apple juice for £1.45 today. Or 2 for £3.

Nice.

Amazing thing is that all the evidence shows people fall for these "deals" with stunning regularity.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Tesco Sushi & a Mule Bar (Mango Tango)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Joelsim wrote:

Nice.

Amazing thing is that all the evidence shows people fall for these "deals" with stunning regularity.
    We often do it to help pass the time at shows. "£2 each, or I tell you what you can have the pair for a fiver." Amazing how often people will take the pair, they just assume it's a deal and don't think about it.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Nice.

We often do it to help pass the time at shows. "£2 each, or I tell you what you can have the pair for a fiver." Amazing how often people will take the pair, they just assume it's a deal and don't think about it.

It's one of the areas my firm works in - Heuristics. It's interesting stuff, most consumers are cognitive misers...
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Nice.

It's one of the areas my firm works in - Heuristics. It's interesting stuff, most consumers are cognitive misers...

yeah, my wife (who likes a bargin) often comes home with two jars of foo, which are cheaper than the bigger bottle on special offer.

i think people just assume and don't calculate in their head.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

Do your firm provide this type of service? We're always on the lookout or people to help us with this type of stuff (albeit for consumer-operated medical devices)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Nice.

And they say don't trust a lawyer! Is it Heuristics or Hustling? :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I don't know what to have for lunch.

This makes me sad. :(.