a commuters lunch

Yukirin
Yukirin Posts: 231
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
right then, you crazy cats, what do you all eat in this Godly lunch hour?
Do you consider yourself to be on a "diet" (weight loss or otherwise)?
I, like Garfield, love some lasagna and a couple of bread rolls (not on a "diet") However this cant be everyday!
I'm partly looking for inspiration and hoping Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall has left some gaps in his lunchtime know-all that you all can fill.

Comments

• Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I've just had mushroom soup (with rolls), followed by guinea fowl, veg & spuds with sitcky toffee pudding to finish.

Obviously the 'diet' went out of the window today, although I was at an offsite meeting so not a normal day.

Bloody lovely though!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Duck Masaman Curry
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Cheese and onion pasty. Chips. Gravy.

Oops.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Cheese and parma ham sandwich. Banana. Tracker bar. OJ. Everything else is off limits due to flipping Lent, so I could kill someone for some chocolate/crisps/cake/biscuits/sweets.....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    mushroom stroganoff with rice.

twix.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Brown bread roll x 2 with chicken; yoghurt; orange; little packet of Sunny Raisins and a cup of coffee. And some grapes.

There's a packet of digestives in my desk though.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Camberwell carrot

Family bag of cool cheese doritos

2x Relentless
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    2x Toasted teacakes with cheese&tomato.

Nom nom nom. :D
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Green chicken curry from Pod and the remnants of last night's panazella.

Feck it, just checked Pod's website and that curry was an obscene 692 calories, and I'm still hungry. FFS.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Forgot to make sarnies last night. So a Sainsbury's £3 meal deal, posh ham and cheese sandwich, oj and a packet of Quavers. Half a packet of Ginger nuts to keep me topped up through the day.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Usually a bowl of Heinz Tomato soup, 2 x crusty bread rolls, packet of baked crisps & a mini KitKat.

Often have a bowl on Bran Flakes at 11am after the normal breakfast at 7:30am. Now i've extended my commute I do tend to get quite hungry!

Today though I had a big burger, & chips from the local posh pub around the corner as I was meeting a mate.
  • All day breakfast and a mug of tea.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    DrLex wrote:
    Camberwell carrot

Family bag of cool cheese doritos

2x Relentless

I used to do two cans of relentless a day, every day for 3 years. Took me a year to ween myself off it and stop the headaches! I try and stick to just coffee now and just have the occasional can.
  • big pasta thing that will tide me over dinner and 3 hours of choral practice straight from work.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Some sushi and then some pineapple chucks.

Currently ignoring some biscuits
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    A protein shake;
    a massive doorstep cheese sandwich, fresh from the breadmaker this morning;
    five bananas;
    a cup of tea;
    and 4 peanut m&ms.
    So far.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926

Feck it, just checked Pod's website and that curry was an obscene 692 calories, and I'm still hungry. FFS.

:lol: I worked that one out a few weeks back.
  • Sushi from Tesco and some caramel sweet things. Oh, and 2x Oasis Lights (16kcals each)

Boost bar lurking on my desk to help me home... :oops:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I've got the shits.

Stress + IBS = the shits.

But my new frame arrived, so hopefully starting on that this evening will help me come down and squeeze in some homemade pizza.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Usually a big soup.
    Today, chips and beans!
    exercise.png
  • beans or spaghetti hoops on two slices of toast ... haute cuisine it is not!
    Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Today egg fried rice followed by 2 slices of toast and a sandwich, followed by an afternoon of crisps and another sandwich, biscuits, bananas and fig rolls, lunch doesn't end, it continues until I leave the office..
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    DIY Carrot cake for breakfast
    Christmas cake for elevensies
    Lunch: DIY Carrot cake, Sandwich de' salad et fromage, three cherry tomatoes
    Afternoon Snack: Nom, Apple, Banana 3xChocolate Disgestives

No wonder I'm not updating the SCWL thread very often...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I've got the shits.

Stress + IBS = the shits.

But my new frame arrived, so hopefully starting on that this evening will help me come down and squeeze in some homemade pizza.

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Tends to be one of the 'healthy' M&S ready meals
    Plus chocolate bar

And snack on mixed fruit/nuts before and after
    And yoghurt/muesli mid afternoon often
    Protein shake if I go to the gym
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,628
    Half a small (400g) loaf made into a red leicester and rocket sandwich, 3 slices of soreen, an apple and a banana, and a nice big mug of coffee. Then another banana for mid afternoon snack I'm lucky to have a small kitchen and fridge in the office, so stock up at the supermarket a couple of times a week and make my own sandwiches most days.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    mcdonalds mmmmm can't beat a double cheeseburger to get you home later on. then again im not a serious commuter, i ride in on a mtb with jeans and a hoodie on...
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Today's luncheon will be a Falafel salad, with some feta/olives. Might skip the bread though.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JZed wrote:

:lol: I worked that one out a few weeks back.

How do they manage to cram so many calories into such a pathetic portion? It's impressive. I normally bring food in, but have been lax this week.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So a Sainsbury's £3 meal deal, posh ham and cheese sandwich, oj and a packet of Quavers. quote]
    Tesco's £2.50 meal deal: Chicken & Bacon sandwich (nice granary bread and no rabbit food), packet of Kettle Chips and a can of Coke.
    Pannier, 120rpm.