1235»

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Flouncy troll city in here :)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Sewinman wrote:
    Don't have time to read all posts but just to clarify. The damage was a few small dents in the rear wing. The taxi driver was worried that he would never get his money if my colleague rode away, hence the cash demands. At one point he said he was going to take his bike away as insurance. It was all a bit heated and as I was not in an aggrieved mood I just explained that no exchange of cash was happening, or taking away of bikes and they should exchange details. I think my colleague ended up handing over his drivers license as some form of guarantee, but I had stepped back then as it seemed to have calmed down.

The taxi bloke was a prat but I can see his point, my colleague could have just cycled off never to be heard of again. I think the approach of telling the guy to F off etc would have made things worse and actually having a calm voice interrupt (me) speeded up a reasonable resolution.
    For goodness' sake, what on earth do you think you're doing? We've got a perfectly good thread going round and round with endless reiterations of personal prejudices, and you have to go and ruin it all with calm and measured words from someone who was actually there. Shame on you! ;-)
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,988
    I agree with Nick.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I blame wiggle.
  • JZed wrote:
    Oh - I forgot - some fecker hit my door and drove off. Dent on the door crease - new door and half a respray - £1,800.

Your door is half the cost of my car! You earn too much money, cough up and pay up... :wink:
  • bompington wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Don't have time to read all posts but just to clarify. The damage was a few small dents in the rear wing. The taxi driver was worried that he would never get his money if my colleague rode away, hence the cash demands. At one point he said he was going to take his bike away as insurance. It was all a bit heated and as I was not in an aggrieved mood I just explained that no exchange of cash was happening, or taking away of bikes and they should exchange details. I think my colleague ended up handing over his drivers license as some form of guarantee, but I had stepped back then as it seemed to have calmed down.

The taxi bloke was a prat but I can see his point, my colleague could have just cycled off never to be heard of again. I think the approach of telling the guy to F off etc would have made things worse and actually having a calm voice interrupt (me) speeded up a reasonable resolution.
    For goodness' sake, what on earth do you think you're doing? We've got a perfectly good thread going round and round with endless reiterations of personal prejudices, and you have to go and ruin it all with calm and measured words from someone who was actually there. Shame on you! ;-)

and very rare for sewinman to calm a thread down... <re-stokes fire> :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Mr Sworld wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Oh - I forgot - some fecker hit my door and drove off. Dent on the door crease - new door and half a respray - £1,800.

Your door is half the cost of my car! You earn too much money, cough up and pay up... :wink:

That would write my car off by quite a margin. I'd have just asked them for 300 notes.
  • My little car is probably worth £300....

this said since my grandad had it from new and even now it has low milage and sails though MOT's etc.
  • This is why calling the plod is vital. Two vehicles involved in an accident, you're meant to involve the police, plus how many of us have had crashes, gone 'yeah i'm fine' and ridden home, only to wake up the next morning with an unexpected cracked rib? I fell off on an icy downhill last month, landed on my head and thought 'ow, that was lucky - why can't i see properly?' and when i got home found blood all down the side of my face... Same with the bike itself, it could be damaged and you're too dazed to realise.

Forget insurance, this is what we pay tax for, get the plod out - if mr driver doesn't like it, maybe they've got something to hide, like no insurance or licence, and then who's fault does it become..?

de475707-5267-4f79-a7d8-257e46d026ed.jpg