burn out

dan man
dan man Posts: 68
hi this was my first year of real training and of course i have over done it :cry: was trying to train 12 hrs a week since october :oops: . but have been sick twice month every month :evil: .have this thing in my chest i cant shake off. :twisted: how long will it take to recover :?: and will i be abel to race this year. :?:

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    How long is a piece of string?
  • how long will it take? who knows, but just stay away from doing anything too hard until it has gone and been gone for a week, if you come back in too soon it will just come back which i guess is what you have been doing? yes you should be able to race this year if you look after yourself properly, if it hangs around for long when your not even training go see a doctor get some drugs and within 2/3 weeks you should be able to get training properly. Last and most important point IMO once you can train start racing, don't have the attitude lots of people do and say 'i'm not ready to race' when in reality you won't know if your ready without trying
  • thanks for feed back :) have been off the bike the last two weeks :cry: still dont feel rite so its just a wateing game :? been to doctor got my bloods done and going to get a tonic to give me a boost .it just a set back still hope to race :)
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    I got a virus a couple of years ago around June and it took a couple of months to shake it - i eventually stopped riding as every time i went out i went I went slower & slower.... lost 5 min in a 10 eventually... didn't feel "bad" just not "right"..... HR wouldn't respond properly...
    I came back a couple of times too early and i went slow... eventually it came good and i set PBs at the end of the season (Aug/ Sept)