Canyon Nerve AM 7.0

euans2
euans2 Posts: 43
edited October 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I've been a member of this forum for a while but never got round to posting so this is my first post.

I finally found my camera so thought i'd take a few pictures, also got a special apperance of the cat :lol:

DSC01068.jpg
DSC01079.jpg
DSC01076.jpg
DSC01075.jpg
DSC01074.jpg
DSC01073.jpg
DSC01072.jpg
DSC01071.jpg
DSC01070.jpg
DSC01069.jpg

As you can see i've done a few mods over the standard Nerve 7.0

Comments

• Nice. I have a 2011 Nerve XC 5.0 and I think I'm going to get an AM 5 or 6. Could you tell me if you did get the Reverb seat post from Canyon, did they fit it for you? Thanks.

By the way, that cat doesn't look happy!
  • euans2
    Thanx matey.

Yeah I got the Reverb from Canyon, it wasnt part of the bike spec but they let you have it for £168 with the Nerve 7.0 and 6.0. Canyon never fitted it, I had to fit it when the bike arrived but it only took a few mins to fit

HAHAH, I think he was annoyed that I woke him up
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    nice bike and great colour
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    damn thats nice! Will be hard to resist a canyon as a second bike if I can afford one in a few years, the green is superb 8) nicely specced to, with the reverb and shadow plus, a wider bar and chain guide and that would be perfect!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    very nice, but what happened to the canyon chainstay protector, you not like it?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • euans2
    lawman wrote:
    damn thats nice! Will be hard to resist a canyon as a second bike if I can afford one in a few years, the green is superb 8) nicely specced to, with the reverb and shadow plus, a wider bar and chain guide and that would be perfect!

Thanx matey... I'll maybe go down the route of a double and chain guide but the bars are wide enough for me
  • euans2
    chez_m356 wrote:
    very nice, but what happened to the canyon chainstay protector, you not like it?

It's currently sitting in a box with all the other standard parts for when I sell the bike in a few years
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    euans2 wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:

It's currently sitting in a box with all the other standard parts for when I sell the bike in a few years
    now that is planning ahead, though you will have most likely worn quite a few other parts out by then :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • SH4RKY
    SH4RKY Posts: 38
    The green does look pretty nice :)

Are those the plastic bear trap thingy pedals?
  • euans2
    SH4RKY wrote:
    The green does look pretty nice :)

Are those the plastic bear trap thingy pedals?

Cheers :)

The are Shimano M424 pedals, I think i'll be changing them soon though. Ether back to my Mallets or a set of XT Trail pedals
  • Looks very nice!

What is it like peddling up hill? I quite fancy one myself, but haven't seen that many (non-German) reviews of it. I tend to do just as much up as down, so am interested in what it is like on the ups. Does it bob much? Does it feel reasonably spritely or does it just "get you there so you can do the down"?

Hope you are enjoying it!
  • euans2
    chrisps wrote:
    Looks very nice!

What is it like peddling up hill? I quite fancy one myself, but haven't seen that many (non-German) reviews of it. I tend to do just as much up as down, so am interested in what it is like on the ups. Does it bob much? Does it feel reasonably spritely or does it just "get you there so you can do the down"?

Cheers matey.

I've not been on a big enough ride yet to say what it's like on the up's, I shall be out on it over the next few weeks so will be better placed to let you know then
  • Enjoy! Look forward to hearing what it is like!
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    chrisps wrote:
    Looks very nice!

They are fine on the climbs, no noticeable bob at all.
  • Mojo_666 wrote:

They are fine on the climbs, no noticeable bob at all.

How do they compare to other bikes; have you ridden anything else that is better / worse at climbing? Obviously each bike is different, just trying to gauge roughly where the AM falls :).
  • Very nice i was going to get the Nerve AM 7.0 but went for the 8.0x,like the colour
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)
  • euans2
    webby 1805 wrote:
    Very nice i was going to get the Nerve AM 7.0 but went for the 8.0x,like the colour

Thanx matey...I was going to get the 8x myself but it was too long a waiting list for my liking so decided on the 7.0, since I bought it i've already changed a few bits to XTR spec and upgraded the wheels as I missed my Hope hubs lol
  • ClimbBoy
    ClimbBoy Posts: 105
    Feel free to join the club!

http://www.facebook.com/CanyonRidersUK
  • euans2
    It's been a while since I updated this post.

I've changed a few more bits.
    Hope hubs with Stans Flow rims.
    Magura MT4 brakes.
    2x10 chainset with Canyon chain guide
    XTR M985 2x10 front mech (not pictured)

IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg

I'm loving the bike even more since I changed to the 2x10 setup
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I've got the same bike, and am looking at the 2x10 already (I've only done about 70km on it!) It's pretty expensive though with an XT double, so I may leave it for a few months.
  • euans2
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I've got the same bike, and am looking at the 2x10 already (I've only done about 70km on it!) It's pretty expensive though with an XT double, so I may leave it for a few months.

Look on ebay for the 2x10 chain rings, I managed to find someone selling the 26x38 toothed ones for a little over £30. You really dont need to buy the whole crank set
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'd not looked into it in too much detail, but might now. Cheers for that..
  • euans2
    A couple of wee changes today

New bars and Stem courtesy of Merlincycles

IMG_0425-1.jpg

Easton Haven black alu bars 711mm
    Easton Haven black stem 70mm

Would have gone for a shorter stem but I hate my computer off centre on the bars.

I also got a set of Raceface lock on grips, Hope grip doctors, top cap and seat post clamp
  • lawman
    I do wish people would stop reminding me of that easton sale on merlin!! Couldn't resist a haven stem and Havoc carbon bar the last time they were cheap, would love the same for my 456 too, its fantastic stuff.
  • euans2
    Sorry matey. I almost bought the exact same kit the day before at almost double the price lol
  • lawman
    yep, know that all too well! :lol: The haven stem is a mega nice bit of kit, likewise the haven bar, just a touch narrow for me, which is why I love the havocs, same shape and feel just wider and not much heavier :D I just know I'm going to get the alu havoc bar and wish I'd gone carbon :lol:
  • simowill
    simowill Posts: 56
    euans2 wrote:
    It's been a while since I updated this post.

I've changed a few more bits.
    Hope hubs with Stans Flow rims.
    Magura MT4 brakes.
    2x10 chainset with Canyon chain guide
    XTR M985 2x10 front mech (not pictured)

IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg

I'm loving the bike even more since I changed to the 2x10 setup

Euans2
    Could you please post some more pics of the 2x10 setup around the Canyon chain guide. Did you need the Canyon adapter plate for the guide to?
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • euans2
    simowill wrote:

Euans2
    Could you please post some more pics of the 2x10 setup around the Canyon chain guide. Did you need the Canyon adapter plate for the guide to?

Hi mate here are some pics I took earlier of the 2x10 set up

IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0428-1.jpg
    IMG_0427-1.jpg

I never needed the adapter plate with the Canyon chainguide, it just fits on after removing the bottom bracket shell.

Let us know if you need any more pics
  • simowill
    simowill Posts: 56
    Much apperciated, for the pics, just waiting for my 2 x 10 chainrings to arrive.
    Simon
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • stone-rose
    stone-rose Posts: 176
    where did you get the Canyon chain guide from and how easy was it to fit? I've got the Nerve 8.0X with the standard Sram 2x10 chainring/bashguard set-up, would it work with that?