'Test Tube' Meat

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Scientists have developed a technique for 'growing' meat and could have a meat burger, which doesn't involve the slaughter of animals (not in the same quantities anyway), by the autumn.

What do you think ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17113214
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Not if it's going to cost £200,000 a burger.

Why not if it's cheap?
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I can't believe that scientists are wasting their time on this when the challenge of inventing a form of fudge that's good for your teeth is still out there
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Not gonna be safe, that lab' stuff, is it? Imagine future 'Girls in......' threads.........................

disfrazdevaca_thumb.jpg?w=454&h=550
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    The one time I actually try to start some intelligent-ish discussion, and Aggie pulls a blinder !!!!
    :lol:
  • MattC59
    oh yeah, and all comments from DieselDog about 'eating meat' are null and void :wink:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Aggie. :lol:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    You don't need meat. It's a fact. So why try to convince vegetarians to eat meat?

The article appears to be aimed at influencing vegetarians, surely as pointless exercises go this one takes the biscuit!

All vegetarians reading this article would be saying 'Feck off" (as they are all calm balanced individuals who are not stressed from eating the hormones in dead animal flesh).

What is it with all you meat eaters, why are you always sooo concerned/worried that some of us won't eat dead animals?

Why does it bother you so much that some of us care about what we choose to eat?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Blah blah blah...preach preach preach :roll:
    Apologies to anyone I may have offended with previous sig.
  • MattC59
    team47b wrote:
    You don't need meat. It's a fact. So why try to convince vegetarians to eat meat?

The article appears to be aimed at influencing vegetarians, surely as pointless exercises go this one takes the biscuit!

All vegetarians reading this article would be saying 'Feck off" (as they are all calm balanced individuals who are not stressed from eating the hormones in dead animal flesh).

What is it with all you meat eaters, why are you always sooo concerned/worried that some of us won't eat dead animals?

Why does it bother you so much that some of us care about what we choose to eat?

eeeerm.......... I was just asking.
    Some vinigar for that chip ?
  • So glad that you're remaining calm and balanced about this!
  • MattC59
    cadenzaaa wrote:
    So glad that you're remaining calm and balanced about this!

where as you are adding some inciteful comments :roll:
  • team47b
    No actually it was a serious question...

Why do meat eaters worry so much about what other people choose to eat?

I've always wondered.

Going on the defensive, as if we are going to stop you eating meat, we don't care about your colon. (ie we don't give a shit!)
  • Was replying to the meat-dodger...but hey, if the cap fits eh?
  • MattC59
    cadenzaaa wrote:
    Was replying to the meat-dodger...but hey, if the cap fits eh?

Well done, an excellent way to introduce yourself to a forum..........
  • Excellent! Fifteen minutes and I've identified the class whiner :lol:
  • MattC59
    or not
  • team47b
    Stop dodging the question...

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I do believe popcorn is suitable for vegetarians.

popcorn.gif
  • MattC59
    team47b wrote:

Who me ? No idea, I don't give a monkeys what you eat, unless it's mine :lol: .
  • team47b
    MattC59 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Who me ? No idea, I don't give a monkeys what you eat, unless it's mine :lol: .

Not you :D

I meant the person who is dodging the question, the one that was calling me a preacher and a meat dodger.

so...
  • Who? Me? No idea! Couldn't give a hoot what you eat.
    In my experience it's always been vegetarians (or more vehemently, vegans) who try to force their beliefs down meat-eaters throats, not the other way round. Only thing I want down my throat is a bacon roll!!!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    oh yeah, and all comments from DieselDog about 'eating meat' are null and void :wink:

Waff yu shay? Nom nom, sowee, god a mowful...

spit or swallow

L n H

DD

Edit to add I was listening to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6XWjsoKbM
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • team47b
    No you mis-understand, the question was...in your opinion as a meat eater, why do you think people worry about what other people eat?

Defensive posturing/name calling and the mention of the ubiquitous bacon roll was exactly the point I was trying to make. I should also mention the proselytising.

Why do you think this is?
  • No misunderstanding. You appear to have read my words but failed to grasp their meaning. In my opinion I know many issues that people worry about, but others' eating habits, are not one of them. No-one that I know gives a pork scratching what others do or do not eat!

And please feel free to also mention the proselytising. As previously mentioned, in my opinion and experience, this would seem to be a common characteristic in many (not all) vegetarians. Most vegans I know would appear to be the culinary equivalent of the Jehovah's Witness :?
  • MattC59
    Just out of interest, and obviously I only have your posts to go by, but did you just join this forum as you felt the need to wind someone up ?
  • team47b
    Emotive subject. Different tack...analogy...

So, when a person asks me if I saw a particular TV programme, I say I didn't see it because I don't watch TV (I don't have one) first they think I am a nutter (the name calling) then I have to hear them say they don't watch much TV, only the news etc followed by their defense for TV and how good it is and the excellent nature programmes etc etc as if their whole way of life is threatened. I have not told them that they are wrong/bad/stoopid, I don't mind how they choose to spend their time, I have only said that I don't watch TV, no-one is looking down their noses at you. Then they have to spend the next 20 minutes telling me about some TV programme as a form of antidote to their being 'confronted' by an extremist. Why are they behaving as if they are being threatened?

Why do you think that this happens? was my original question.

Yeah, I agree about the V people who would seek to convert you!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    MattC59 wrote:
    Just out of interest, and obviously I only have your posts to go by, but did you just join this forum as you felt the need to wind someone up ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you two started off on the same side. The "preach, preach,preach" and the "vinigar (sic :lol: ) for that chip ?" both being aimed at the herbivore. You two need bacons!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you two started off on the same side. The "preach, preach,preach" and the "vinigar (sic :lol: ) for that chip ?" both being aimed at the herbivore. You two need bacons!!

ha !! :lol:
    Nope, wasn't on any side, I just thought that the initial comment appeared to be born from a bit of a chip, where as cadenzaaa's comments just seem to be trolling.
  • chips, bacons and vegetables I hope theres a tory councillor on stand by if Frank chokes on this thread,
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.