Turbo Trainer & Android Tablet

equinefunk
equinefunk Posts: 323
Hi,

I've googled this but can't seem to find anything that answers this question. I'm currently using my Turbo Trainer with a HRM & a Cycle Computer rigged to my rear wheel & Cadence Sensor.

I was wondering is there anyway to replace these with a Bluetooth/Ant+ HRM, Cadence & Speedo & output it straight to an Android tablet. I think it's available for iPad and called EZtrainer.

Does anyone know if the Galaxy Tablet is Ant+ compatible?

Thanks in advance.

I gave my wife my iPad, so it might prove an issue getting to use it as much as I'd want.
I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    If the tablet has a usb port then you could maybe just plug a Garmin ANT+ usb stick in and use the Golden Cheetah realtime stuff.
    More problems but still living....
  • You might want to look at TrainerRoad a great program which uses ANT+
    http://www.trainerroad.com/
  • Thanks, I'll check those out. Can't quite work out if these are Android compatible. My Tablet does have a USB port.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Try the Endemondo app. Should do all you want.
    Rich
  • Thanks, I know the apps now. It's the cadence sensor, speedo, etc. to work with my Android Tablet. I've seen the Polar Wearlink will work but that's only an HRM.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    You can do what it is you want to do with an ANT+ usb stick and Golden Cheetah (which is a free download) on a PC or laptop. No idea if it'd work on an Android tablet though.
    More problems but still living....
  • As far as I can tell there is no ANT+ support for my Android Tablet at the moment, some Sony Phones are supported. So I was wondering about straightforward Bluetooth HRM....Any thoughts anyone?