Casual Rides - What about my trousers?

2»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,994
    I totally love the title of this thread.

I was expecting loads of advice about public decency, particularly when I skipped to the end and saw an image of some lube.

Such a let down.
  • Plus fours?

plusfours_yellowblack.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Those look more like knickerbockers than plus fours... Maybe plus twos at a stretch...
  • notsoblue wrote:
    Those look more like knickerbockers than plus fours... Maybe plus twos at a stretch...

It probably depends upon how long your legs are :wink: Don't blame me I just googled plus fours and inserted the loudest image I could find.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue wrote:

It probably depends upon how long your legs are :wink: Don't blame me I just googled plus fours and inserted the loudest image I could find.
    And I thought this forum had integrity...

I am sorely disappoint. :(
  • brooks-trouser-strap.jpg
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    northstar wrote:
    brooks-trouser-strap.jpg
    Hmmm... trying too hard, that, imho
    (Says the man that bought a pair of the Rapha plus fours :oops: )
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I have a pair of narrow legged black jeans, ideal for popping to the shops or pub wobble. they are tight enough not to hit the chain, if they do they're black so nobody knows.

my work trousers are like that, plus my work isn't suit smart. long as the trousers go though the wash, often they are clean even if they have oil staines on the ankle.

I use them for non sporty rides so most of the time into london I wear them.
  • sisters jeans ???
    FCN = 9 (Tourer) 8 (Mountain Bike)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Here's a new problem regular cycling in jeans seems to cause for me at least, 16 miles a day seems to be giving me pimps much like the time I went hair free.

Not quite the large spots just little red bumps around the hair follicles
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • se-po
    se-po Posts: 47
    Clean the bike, ride always on the small ring (you have a double,right?).
  • itboffin wrote:
    Here's a new problem regular cycling in jeans seems to cause for me at least, 16 miles a day seems to be giving me pimps much like the time I went hair free.

May well be the seams in jeans which do seem to be fairly uncomfortable. Even I find jeans start to become uncomfortable. After a while.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    itboffin wrote:

I dreaded scrolling down. I feared I may encounter a picture.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,771
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I dreaded scrolling down. I feared I may encounter a picture.

Don't encourage him!
  • notsoblue
    Btw, when you say "casual rides" you really just mean going out on your bike dressed specifically to lower your FCN, right?
  • notsoblue wrote:
    Btw, when you say "casual rides" you really just mean going out on your bike dressed specifically to lower your FCN, right?

heh on the odd days I do put on the bike clothing, highest I get to is FCN 7 most days i'm FCN 9.

makes little differnce since for most part folks around my FCN are pottering to work, folks able to put up a fight are FCN 2-5.
  • What could possibly be more bike specific than pedal pushers?

To be honest I think I'd rather wear lycra then slip a pair of jeans on when I got to my destination....