Lee quarry

Comments

• delcol wrote:
    delcol wrote:
    me to hope to take my bike out and test my new bling bling drve train out...
    I'm gonna go sunday give my bike a run I bet u have parts on your bike worth more than my full bike ha

only because most of the kit has been bought over time.. i cant afford to spend silly money on things now still unemployed after being made redundant last year,, and i can't find any jobs locally that pay anyware near what i was earning in my last job...

there is things i want but i cant afford to get,, like new forks....
    What did you use to do pal , I know its hard with jobs nowadays because they know they can pay the bare minimum, I need new forks the ones on my bike are rubbish what do u suggest :-)
  • grant43
    grant43 Posts: 170
    depends what you want to use them for,ive got rockshox recon u-turn forks adjustable travel 95-140mm i find them fine for firing in laps of lee and cragg might need something a bit more heavy duty if you do a lot of jumping and big stuff,all down to personal choice really,im going up saturday and sunday might be a bit rough though party in burnley sat night :(
    keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    delcol wrote:
    delcol wrote:
    me to hope to take my bike out and test my new bling bling drve train out...
    I'm gonna go sunday give my bike a run I bet u have parts on your bike worth more than my full bike ha

only because most of the kit has been bought over time.. i cant afford to spend silly money on things now still unemployed after being made redundant last year,, and i can't find any jobs locally that pay anyware near what i was earning in my last job...

there is things i want but i cant afford to get,, like new forks....
    What did you use to do pal , I know its hard with jobs nowadays because they know they can pay the bare minimum, I need new forks the ones on my bike are rubbish what do u suggest :-)

i worked for DHL for over 13 years,, i was a supervisor incharge of transport for the whole north of england & scotland (from stoke to aberdeen including northern island and the isle of man) very stressfull job but could be rewarding knowing you acheived the impossible... and it's shocking the jobs out there are really poo money,,,
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Oi Delboy!!

what time you heading up on Sunday?, me, dodget and maybe a few other will be up messing on the jump bikes!
    looking to get there around 8:30am waz me a txt again if your out bud.

And Boltonboxer look out for a guy with a black bike and yellow helmet and say hi and we will show you round,

Grant were in Burnley you off? (my home town god forbid)
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • grant43
    griffin close just off rossendale road,dont think its far from rosegrove ,so might be a bit rough sunday,might ride a bit better lol
  • 1mancity2 wrote:
    Oi Delboy!!

what time you heading up on Sunday?, me, dodget and maybe a few other will be up messing on the jump bikes!
    looking to get there around 8:30am waz me a txt again if your out bud.

And Boltonboxer look out for a guy with a black bike and yellow helmet and say hi and we will show you round,

Grant were in Burnley you off? (my home town god forbid)
    Yeah will do look out for me nearly falling off ha I got a gum metal grey carrera vengence with white mud guards :-)
  • grant43 wrote:
    depends what you want to use them for,ive got rockshox recon u-turn forks adjustable travel 95-140mm i find them fine for firing in laps of lee and cragg might need something a bit more heavy duty if you do a lot of jumping and big stuff,all down to personal choice really,im going up saturday and sunday might be a bit rough though party in burnley sat night :(
    And how much for something like u got and is it worth putting some new forks on my frame ?
  • grant43
    no idea how much they cost they came on my commencal when i bought it had it 14 months and theyre running great,just had them serviced so should be ok for the summer
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Got some gears on the little bike now, so might have a chance at riding up to the quarry in the morning, just need a bit of fine tuning.
    Anybody going tomorrow sh1t hot at fine tuning rear mechs??
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    just got back from a very very windy lee quarry was good fun though...

apart from the guy who refused to moved out the way on the teccy climb.. he just stood there in the middle of the trail looking at us...
    the trails are in nice condition to...

dodge t we could be going tomoz if the weather aint to bad.. if i see you i will have a look at it for you....
  • DodgeT
    All running nice now, really surprising that when you actually READ the instructions on park tools site, that things are really easy :)
    Thanks anyway Col.
  • What an amazingly ride today can't beleive I was up there for 3 hours thanks grant43 for showing me round can't wait for weekend now ha ,, think I'm gonna ache in the morning :-) any body else get up there today
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    Yes! what a cracking morning, i was the old guy that knows Grant, well worth the grind up the link trail for the blast back, down pity i didn't find you earlier.
  • DodgeT
    Was a lovely morning, think its the busiest i've ever seen Lee. We just messed about on the pump tracks and drop ins etc for a couple of hours.
  • reyrol wrote:
    Yes! what a cracking morning, i was the old guy that knows Grant, well worth the grind up the link trail for the blast back, down pity i didn't find you earlier.
    Tell me bout it after we had done cragg we blasted back down was amzing really fast no room for error , I'm new to mtb so just learning but seem to be doing ok well I think so ha
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Was a lovely morning, think its the busiest i've ever seen Lee. We just messed about on the pump tracks and drop ins etc for a couple of hours.
    I think grant43 took me everywere was out for three hours went to cragg and back loved it hope the weather is good again next sunday
  • grant43
    yes was a good day,best run ive had for ages,fitness seems to be coming back despite the budweiser hangover lol
  • grant43 wrote:
    yes was a good day,best run ive had for ages,fitness seems to be coming back despite the budweiser hangover lol
    haha same again next week hopefully, i owe ya a inner tube too dont worry i wont forget lol ,well better riding with someone rather than alone :-)
  • grant43
    yes ill be ok for sunday might go for 4 hours or so, ill not be having a drink saturday night so should be ok,think im going out wednesday with reyrol so happy days
  • grant43
    hey dave,wish we had met you earlier on,would have seen you fall off :D
  • 1mancity2
    We had a good fun Sunday, suprised we didn't see you.

Finally nailed the fourth drop off on the drop in section :wink: easier now they have flattened the berm.
  • grant43
    yes banged into a few people i knew but it was packed,we left about oneish and more people were turning up then
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    grant43 wrote:
    hey dave,wish we had met you earlier on,would have seen you fall off :D
    Yes, no ill effects at the time, until i got in the shower and noticed all the bits of missing skin.However near the end of the link trail i slowed for a woman walking up with a dog when about six riders blasted past me, i latched on to the last rider and kept on his tail round the rest of the red route & down to the car park much faster than i have done before. It was really at the edge of my riding skills and i was probably lucky not to come off again.
  • grant43
    yes its funny that when youre chasing someone all the risk factor goes out of the window,after we left you we went round cragg back to lee round the red and back down to the car park,great day,im looking at wednesday to go out ill bell you tomorrow
  • Had a great ride today weather was good tried some new stuff , any body else get up there today :-)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Yep, up there fairly early this morning, did a full lap of both Lee & Cragg. Spoke to quite a few people, I'm still amazed that people get up there and don't get across to Cragg.

Managed some of the jumps on the way back down the link today, some felt good, others felt like I was nose diving off them, poor technique or badly constructed jumps?
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    Yep, up there fairly early this morning, did a full lap of both Lee & Cragg. Spoke to quite a few people, I'm still amazed that people get up there and don't get across to Cragg.

Managed some of the jumps on the way back down the link today, some felt good, others felt like I was nose diving off them, poor technique or badly constructed jumps?
    I did cragg last weekend so just had a play bout today was on my own and new to all this MTB stuff
  • 1mancity2
    stumpyjon wrote:

A couple do throw you up Stumpy so not perfect, I also find the gravel can get twitchy when hammering the corners.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Yeah the gravel is interesting alhtough a distinct line is now forming and I noticed grass is begining to grow off the line which should stabilise any of the loose stuff.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result