Worst Group of Drivers?

2»

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    WTF is Addison Lee

Sorry I live in the country

Addison Lee is primarily a mini cab firm who use very smart, very clean, very comfortable MPVs and employ total and utter retards to drive them. Thankfully they plaster their name right across the back of their cars so that you know exactly who is responsible for you needing new underpants after they've passed you at 50 with only half a centimeter to spare. Stay in the country!

There's a place on Hampstead Road called the "Addison Lee Driver Training School".

I'd love to know what goes on in there!
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Young white van men
    Suicidal pedestrians on mobile phones
    Addison Lee
    Women nodders with baskets Boris Bikers
    Golf GTI (and other sporty hatchbacks)
    Drafting lycra louts
    Inconsiderate taxi's and busses

I don't think it's fair not to include the worst of cyclists in these lists :)
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Smart car drivers. 'i can squeeze in that gap, and I'm so small I don't even have to look!'
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Cyclists, except me...I'm great, me!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    In Cambridge, 100% busses.

In London - scooters.

In Sheffield: BMW drivers on the snake's pass.
  • Women in general - I think its a spatial awareness think ;-)
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    There are definite correlations between a driver's age, gender, ethnicity, car type, where you encounter them and the type of mistakes they're making while behind the wheel.

When I see a stupid manouvre (I can never spell that word!) I can usually guess what the driver will look like.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The worst offenders I see on the roads are commuters on push bikes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    supersonic wrote:
    The worst offenders I see on the roads are commuters on push bikes.

Ah, I see what you did there!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Another vote for Addison Lee.

Last night one claimed I had run into his minibus/van thing while filtering past, "rocking" it and scratching the side....how he knew it was "scratched" on the nearside from the driver's seat without getting out I'll never know...

I hadn't been anywhere near his van and told him so in no uncertain terms. He was simply out for a confrontation, kept chasing me up Devonshire st hassling and trying to cut me up/off. After the 4th time I told him if he didn't desist i would call the police and he buggered off.

Total cunt.
    Orange Crush AM 15
    Airnimal Chameleon Ultra
    Planet X Team Alu
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Sad to say the quality of London Bus drivers, IMHO, has spiralled down over the last 5 years or so. It could correlate with the demise of driver & conducter, when the driver just had to concentrate on driving and the introduction of the one man bus.

I remember you could have a chat with the conducter as he/she hung on the pole of the old Routemaster as it sped along Bayswater Road. :)

And Addison Lee goes without saying.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    KevEss wrote:

The black people carrier of death..

They are rubbish . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    My worst close passes have been from white van men and OAPs. If you see an OAP driving a white van, run for cover.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg T wrote:
    KevEss wrote:

They are rubbish . . .

Have a good verified story on this.

Colleagues of my girlfriend (both women) were in an addison lee car with a client.

They dropped the client off.

With just the two of them in the back of the addison lee car, the driver starts behaving a little, erm, erratically.

His arm is shuffling about quite a bit.

Suddenly he declares he must stop by the side of the road.

It becomes clear that he's not just frantically searching for change in his pocket. He must finish the deed there and then.

Having done that, he steps back into the car, with his c*ck still hanging out....

(he did get sacked immediately when they reported this to addison lee).
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    Greg T wrote:
    KevEss wrote:

They are rubbish . . .

Have a good verified story on this.

Colleagues of my girlfriend (both women) were in an addison lee car with a client.

They dropped the client off.

With just the two of them in the back of the addison lee car, the driver starts behaving a little, erm, erratically.

His arm is shuffling about quite a bit.

Suddenly he declares he must stop by the side of the road.

It becomes clear that he's not just frantically searching for change in his pocket. He must finish the deed there and then.

Having done that, he steps back into the car, with his c*ck still hanging out....

(he did get sacked immediately when they reported this to addison lee).

Let's be thankful he never came across a cyclist.