Worst Group of Drivers?

BigLights
BigLights Posts: 464
edited March 2012 in Commuting chat
If you were to generalise, which is the worst/most dangerous driver profile in London?
I'm voting:

Addison Lee (very consistently awful)
Volvo XC90 yummy mummies on the mobile with kids
Black Cabs (very aggressive but in their interest to not actually hit us)
Those white deliver van types.

in that order.

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    BigLights wrote:
    If you were to generalise, which is the worst/most dangerous driver profile in London?
    I'm voting:

Addison Lee (very consistently awful)
    Volvo XC90 yummy mummies on the mobile with kids
    Black Cabs (very aggressive but in their interest to not actually hit us)
    Those white deliver van types.

in that order.

Worst: tourists on Boris bikes
    Most dangerous: private hire cabs
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Bus drivers
    Addison Lee
    Black taxi
    Cab drivers
    HGV
    Whit Van
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Addison Lee
    Black Cab
    Construction Tipper/Skip Lorries
    Bus
    BMW X5/Mercedes ML

In that order.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Just in London. Oh....no, you guys carry on....

:wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Black cabs by far the worst.
    exercise.png
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    edited February 2012
    depending on the weather and traffic
    EDIT:
    SCOOTERS and MOTORBIKES
    fast car wankers of all car types
    addison lee
    dick cyclists
    white vans
    bus

given the volume of them and the care/consideration i see most being driven - I'd count cabbies as being overall not too bad
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • central london Black Cabs seem to be the most alarming in that they'll try to squeeze though gaps that really aren't there i.e. no wiggle room for, potholes or what not.

most irritating drafting fairies, similar means I've got no wiggle room.

out of central buses can be annoying but minicabs are the worrying, same goes if i'm on bike or car to be honest.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Scooters
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    The only consistently bad group of drivers are those in minicabs.

a) Not their car
    b) Probably didn't get their license in this country
  • I used to hate mainly Addison Lee drivers, but over the past few weeks I've noticed scooters performing irritatingly close overtaking maneuvers. So...

Addison Lee
    Scooters
    BMW/Merc/Audi drivers
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Seriously the worst group of drivers are parents on the school run, especially in the rain at the end of the school day.

Shit these people will blindly run over any feckers to make sure their precious doesn't get wet.
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Bus drivers
    Addison Lee
    Black taxi
    Cab drivers
    HGV
    Whit Van

Ditto!
  • Skip lorries, the lowest in the food chain of hgv drivers.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    VW Golf (GTi) Drivers that overtake within milimeters of you
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The ones who overtake on a pinch point. Impatient, dangerous, selfish, inconsiderate, sh*t for brains, moronic ar*eholes. How much longer would it add to their journey if they waited a few seconds and then overtook? Seconds, that's all!!
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    edited February 2012
    Those who drive into the green box at traffic lights. They have a white bike painted on them for a reason, they are for cyclists, not motorists.
    Most white van drivers &taxi drivers.
    Those who can't wait a few seconds for you to pass and pull out in front or along side( from the right). It's soo difficult, like, to go into first gear and stop the car completly and then accelerate from first to second. All that wear & tear on the gear box, clutch and brakes!
    These idiots are all over the country, not just London!

check your sheds/check your sheds, I think I've lost my mind
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • rebs wrote:
    VW Golf (GTi) Drivers that overtake within milimeters of you

Down my way it's young men in small cars (often with blacked out windows) who put the wind up me most regularly and yes, they are often driving Golfs. There's a certain aggressive, couldn't-give-a-f*ck attitude that many of them have cultivated that means they will make really dangerous manoeuvres just to get one car further ahead.

I too am not a massive fan of many black cab drivers. Particularly those who use the bus lane as their own private overtaking lane, and get dangerously close to me, when the traffic is flowing perfectly smoothly to their right.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    WTF is Addison Lee

Sorry I live in the country
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Minicabs?
  • PeteMadoc wrote:
    WTF is Addison Lee

Sorry I live in the country

Addison Lee is primarily a mini cab firm who use very smart, very clean, very comfortable MPVs and employ total and utter retards to drive them. Thankfully they plaster their name right across the back of their cars so that you know exactly who is responsible for you needing new underpants after they've passed you at 50 with only half a centimeter to spare. Stay in the country!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Worst?

The woman who trundles along the NSL A421 at 35-45 mph regardless of conditions, traffic volumes and length of queue behind her.

The bloke in the Merc (DES 123 iirc) who tried to pass me in the narrowed bit going through Buckingham last summer. Prat.

My dear old mother bless but at least she keeps out of the way and doesn't go on main roads.

The Police when they used to pass me on a dual c/way out of MK when moving prisoners from Woodhill High security gaol to somewhere else. They loved it, creating the mobile roadblock and blasting their sirens at random moments for a larf. Hold me up I could hardly contain myself.

The taxi driver last night who momentarily (probably) had forgotten that he can use the h/brake at traffic lights, instead of sitting with his foot on the brakes blasting my retinas with high intensity red LEDs.

C***ts in vans who drive to quiet back lanes to dispose of television sets, beds, furniture and used car tyres.

Will that do, or like Bails says is this just for that there London? Is the correct answer meant to be BMW drivers?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    peroxide yummy mummys in massive 4x4s left-hooking on NKR
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,982
    In order of decreasing hazard:-

Young men
    Men
    Scottish men
    Old men
    Young women
    Other women
    Blind people
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Corsa drivers - usually late teens with four of their mates stuffed into the car
    Skip lorry drivers
    SUV drivers who never seem to know the width of the vehicle
    Minicab drivers - do they have driving licences ?
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Is it not simply the case that there are muppets on all forms of transport in equal percentages. You just see more addison lee taxis driving badly as there are lots of Addison lee taxis.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Anyone who isn't me. Tossers, one and all.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Don't know about London but any where else, it has to be Audi drivers ! all of 'em total knobheads.
    Focus Cayo 105
    Graham Weigh (631 mirage)
    GT Avalanche gathering dust
  • Anyone and everyone behind the wheel in Tooting. I have all of my incidents between Colliers Wood and Balham. I find buses and taxis a mixed bag but Addison Lee are all tossers
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • And since all their cars are branded with that big logo, it's easy to spot the buggers. There's usually some form of minicab sticker in cars that come too close. I'm not that keen on the regular cabbies either. They can cut it quite close too and are liable to suddenly overtake and then swerve in for a fare before actually putting on their hazards. Grrrr!

Buses I find OK aside from some of the single deckers on smaller roads which on occasion have made me literally leap off the bike between two parked cars when they decide they don't consider me oncoming traffic when the road is reduced to a single usable lane.

Oh... and anything where the bass music shakes you off the bike as it approaches isn't likely to be an paragon of driving either.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Nissan phuking Micra drivers.

I have a theory that really badly un-confident drivers stick to driving the car they learned in, and lo, we have the Nissan Micra driver.

If you see a car on the road doing the wrong thing, heading the wrong way, or simply in the wrong place (like the one I saw beached on a concrete divider once), it'll be a Nissan Micra.

Luckily they are so bad it's easy to spot and avoid them.