Bus driver at his best

2»

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Daft as this is gonna sound, the speed of the bus actually saved the cyclist from more harm. If the bus driver had been going slower at the point of impact the cyclist would have probably ended up under the bus rather than far away from the side of it on the pavement.

I can't believe that the bus driver only got 17 months. I'd expect a lot lot more than that. Also, no hint of a driving ban or being stripped of his bus license? Mockery.

I make no secret of the fact I'm a bus driver by trade but I am literally appalled at the behavior of the driver as were my colleagues at work this morning. I don't know anybody who would do something like this even in a moment of madness or lunacy.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    markyone wrote:
    What i understand is that they were arguing up the road, and the cyclist was leaning against the bus talking to the driver through the window.So in that video he is actually chasing him.
    It must have been very heated for the bus driver to drive over him.

Maybe i'm reading it wrong but it sounds like your trying to justify the bus drivers actions.
    Reading it wrong
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I am in NO way saying that the cyclist deserved what happened to him but i do wonder the merits of having confrontations with other drivers.

If someone came up to you in the street with a knife of a gun, would you pick a fight or back off??

The bus driver obviously is a total nut job who deserves to be locked off for much longer and enjoy many, many shared showers.
  • NWLondoner wrote:
    I am in NO way saying that the cyclist deserved what happened to him but i do wonder the merits of having confrontations with other drivers.

If someone came up to you in the street with a knife of a gun, would you pick a fight or back off??

The bus driver obviously is a total nut job who deserves to be locked off for much longer and enjoy many, many shared showers.

But a gun or a knife is explicitly a weapon so I don't see the comparison.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    disgusting behaviour
  • There's loads you could say,but, not a lot you can say.

I'm just pleased the cyclist didn't become another road death statistic.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Was that bus full of passengers... You can see a cart but only pull up on the pavement to come to the aid of the cyclist but only one person turns back from the junction to help out...