Spring training camp recommendations - Andalucia / Mallorca

Options:
- I have been recommended a husband and wife outfit in Andalucia which looks great value - but it is right in the mountains and not much flat riding round there. Ideally would like some hilly days and some nice long flattish rides in between.
So...
- I'm aware there's loads of outfits in Mallorca, some quite expensive - but I'm not really interested in the top end stuff like Stephen Roche etc. Any recommendations of something a bit less corporate / expensive? Have stayed in Soller before which is lovely but heard most of the cycling action tends to be based around Pollentia / Pollensa?

Comments

• johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    We're going DIY - booked flights, apartment and rental bikes (good ones) for a grand total of about £240 per person for 10 days in April in Alcudia. Loads of info on the net about routes etc or shouldn't be too hard to devise your own using Bikeroutetoaster and a Garmin
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • Johncp wrote:
    We're going DIY - booked flights, apartment and rental bikes (good ones) for a grand total of about £240 per person for 10 days in April in Alcudia. Loads of info on the net about routes etc or shouldn't be too hard to devise your own using Bikeroutetoaster and a Garmin

That sounds unfeasibly cheap! Yeah I was thinking this too - but don't currently have Garmin - it'd be maps for me. Plus will probably be on my todd so then accommodation becomes more expensive, and the group rides more appealing.

I quite fancy trying out guided riding for total relaxation. The outfit in Spain is only asking £350 for seven nights B&B plus airport transfer, with a long ride every day, free repairs, snacks etc etc. Not bad really.
  • (cheeky bump)
  • Can recommend Stuart Hall. Knows his stuff, provides a good camp and is a decent bloke.
  • Can recommend Stuart Hall. Knows his stuff, provides a good camp and is a decent bloke.

Great thanks - as it happens I have just booked with him.

Great thanks - as it happens I have just booked with him.

KnightOfTheLongTights...how did you find your training camp with Stuart Hall. Contemplating booking a week myself...
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • We hired bikes in Puerto Pollenca and went out with Bruce or his wife. Good rides, good bikes. Arrange your own accommodation it's cheaper. http://www.procyclehire.com/
  • dm38
    dm38 Posts: 47
    I went here a couple of years ago (Andalucian Cycling Experience). I can't recommend it enough - great set up, brilliant accomodation, support, airport transfers etc.

In the space of a week my fitness levels went through the roof and my bike handling skills improved drastically! Only having to eat, sleep and train makes such a difference :P

http://www.andaluciancyclingexperience. ... ining.html