First time fitness plan

2»

Comments

• Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    PaulC7 wrote:
    Judging by the reviews it sounds one too have, but the reviews dont give too much away.

Can you share a little bit about what the book gets you doing and how the 6 hours training is a help

It basically outlines the basic principles of sports science, energy consumption and nutrition both during and pre/post exercise. It then goes onto a short training plan aimed at getting you race fit in 8-11 weeks at 6 hours or so a week.

Touching on some previous posts here about diet, I agree with TMHNET that now that I've cracked it I eat more than ever. Five small meals a day, loads of meat and veg. Never hungry, full of energy and lean as hell.

Once you understand the fundamentals of how your body processes different macronutrients and food products you can really start making smart choices. That's if you want to get to that level - losing a bit of weight is one thing but stopping it fluctuating and eating healthily forever takes a bit of research. It's well worth it though, I can still put away the occasional pizza and ice cream when I feel like it and understanding how it affects you you can make the right decisions later to reduce it's effects.

Plus, who doesn't want to eat more delicious meat and veg??
  • PaulC7
    PaulC7 Posts: 112
    Well here goes...

my last cup of tea with 2 sugars and big slice of cake. :(

Shall be on the porridge or whole grain toast with eggs in the morning... shall be shopping for a few bits too.

Its going to be a long week... but must be done.