Volta ao Algarve

Comments

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    missed it because of Eurosport. Ok they do get more viewers for tennis but surely when they change the programming they can at least give us a rerun later. It's not even on tomorrow morning before they show stage two
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    sherer wrote:
    missed it because of Eurosport. Ok they do get more viewers for tennis but surely when they change the programming they can at least give us a rerun later. It's not even on tomorrow morning before they show stage two

Do you need a download link for it?
    cartoon.jpg
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    thanks for the offer but I doubt i'll get to watch it now. There is a youtube link above so if I get the time i'll take a look at that.

Hope the coverage works better, although Eurosport are behind with Oman as i've just seen the result for stage 2 already :(
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Islwyn wrote:
    RoyPSB wrote:
    So here we go again - Sky Plus for Eurosport highlights of the first stage and what do I get? 48 mins of tennis!

Did you fast forward to the end of the tennis? It does switch to the cycling for the last 10 minutes or so... The final 10km.

Thanks. I did FFW through all of it. Nothing but tennis for me.
  • sherer wrote:
    Especially when they get all the cycling fans, who tune in and wait/set recorders added to their viewing figures.
    Since tennis usually precedes cycling, this works in their favour every time and adds weight to their argument.
    Makes it all the more hard to believe, since the average 1st or 2nd round match seems to attract fewer spectators than a stage in Qatar.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • sherer wrote:
    Especially when they get all the cycling fans, who tune in and wait/set recorders added to their viewing figures.
    Since tennis usually precedes cycling, this works in their favour every time and adds weight to their argument.
    Makes it all the more hard to believe, since the average 1st or 2nd round match seems to attract fewer spectators than a stage in Qatar.

Ive set Oman and Algarve to record today while im at work (set the early times on Eurosport2, and the later times on Eurosport1 to try and be safe!) whats the betting that when i go to watch these later, I get nothing but ladies tennis? :evil:
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    RoyPSB wrote:
    Islwyn wrote:
    RoyPSB wrote:
    So here we go again - Sky Plus for Eurosport highlights of the first stage and what do I get? 48 mins of tennis!

Did you fast forward to the end of the tennis? It does switch to the cycling for the last 10 minutes or so... The final 10km.

Thanks. I did FFW through all of it. Nothing but tennis for me.

That's odd, I FFWd through the tennis and my recording had a good 30 minutes of cycling on the end. I was worried it would cut out before the finish, but it ran all the way to the end of the programme.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Etapa 1:
    1. Gianni Meersman (Lotto-Belisol)
    2. Greg Van Avermaet (BMC)
    3. Matti Breschel (Rabobank)
    4. Bjorn Leukemans (Vacansoleil)
    5. Nicolas Roche (AG2R

What, no Jetse Bol?

By the way, who is Jetse Bol?
  • Stage 2 of Algarve just starting.
    Excellent feed:
    http://www.rtp.pt/multimediahtml/emissaotv/rtp2
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Edward Boasson Hagen takes the stage for Team Sky.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    EBH did well there, although the top 10 wasn't exactly filled with top notch sprinters.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    He's the new Eddy Merckx, don't you know.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Matti up there like yesterday...good to see.

Stage 2 results
    1 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky)
    2 Kris Boeckmans (Vacansoleil)
    3 Gerald Ciolek (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)
    4 Matti Breschel (Rabobank)
    5 Francesco Lasca (Caja Rural)
    6 Koldo Fernández de Larrea (Garmin-Barracuda)
    7 Nikolas Maes (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)
    8 Pieter Vanspreybouck (Topsport Vlaanderen)
    9 Filipe Cardoso (Efapel)
    10 Bjorn Leukemans (Vacansoleil)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    good to see matti in some form as it will make for a better spring classics
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Doobz
    Cummings from BMC crashed this morning and withdrew from the race! :shock:
    cartoon.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    Sky are doing a US Postal impression at the front, Froome and Wiggins testing their form working for EBH or Porte.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Doobz
    Sky are doing a US Postal impression at the front, Froome and Wiggins testing their form working for EBH or Porte.

EBH looked like he was cooked on the past climb.
    cartoon.jpg
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Sky driving it.
  • Doobz
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Sky driving it.

impressive :shock:
    cartoon.jpg
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Doobz wrote:
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Sky driving it.

impressive :shock:
    Yes indeed, very.
  • inkyfingers
    Good ride from Porte, Sky really went for it and got the reward.
  • Very impressive tactics and ride from the whole Sky team. EBH put on a massive effort for the 5kms leading into the final climb, Brad exploded it from then on and Porte soloed the last 1.5km. Looking a very strong team
  • Dammit - can i watch highlights of this anywhere?

Sounds impressive.
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • Doobz
    timmyflash wrote:
    Dammit - can i watch highlights of this anywhere?

Sounds impressive.

was very impressive. you can grab it from http://cyclingtorrents.nl/

in a few hours
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    Steve Cummings fractured his pelvis in the crash today!

http://www.bmc-racing.com/int-en/team/n ... elvis.html
    cartoon.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    Doobz wrote:
    Steve Cummings fractured his pelvis in the crash today!

That's a real shame.
  • just seen the highlights, great stuff from SKY, fantastic attacking tactics, nice to see Wiggo get out of the saddle, and Porte looked like he still had something left in the tank when he crossed the line...going to be some exciting racing this year one thinks.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Porte to lead Sky at the Giro then?
  • Stage three from the base of the climb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at5QzXB35ck
    Contador is the Greatest