Feel like i have lost road legs.

bjl
bjl Posts: 353
With the recent bad weather and previous high winds i have been riding towpaths/ bridleways on a weekend - covering about three hours at a time, seeing as roads were dry went out for four hours on road today, first two hours were dreadful, legs just wouldn't get going , second two hours were a lot better- not sure wether to put this down to pootling around on towpaths etc doesn't really count for much or maybe the cold - any ideas.

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I think we all have days like that - wouldnt mind betting next time will be back to normal.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    what did you expect..? to rip up up tarmac after just nominal tick over ' training' ?
    Sit down, write a plan and stick to it...
  • bjl
    bjl Posts: 353
    Yeah, you're right JGSI- had long slow distance mindset on, building a good base and all that - guess its time to start working a bit harder now. Can't get into the turbo - hate it - but i think i am going to have to work on that, also as you say- make a plan- targets/recovery etc.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Good man.. remember we are here to give kicks up the backside ! :wink:

Turbo? look ito my eyes. just my eyes :shock: see, you like the turbo now.
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    I reckon if you did just one hour session at 75 to 85% MHR on a turbo you would find a huge difference next time on the road.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.