Penis Numb for periods

bulldogbw2
bulldogbw2 Posts: 35
I have tried thin flite's, a generic think padded racing seat about 140cm wide, rolls and MTB seats which didn't do this. All before the hole cut out begun. It doesn't do this at any other time apart from cycling.

The nose is angled down and enough of my bum is on the rear but it continues to go numb after 25 minutes, so I get out of the saddle for a while and relieve it and continue again in the saddle until it starts again. The knee's are bent enough and not straight. The bike position is good with the drops just right and the top bar the right length. I now have stupidly expensive Assos Uno shorts, which haven't helped.

I am thinking of trying a noseless seat, please see example in this link.
http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab ... 55&bih=620

I have tried about 6 different saddles and apart from big MTB one's this continues to effect him but I haven't tried a MTB one for long periods to prove this is still not going to cause the numbness. I will try this soon but I don't have that seat at hand right now.

Do I have any other avenue's to look into, this has now been going on for about 4 years and my cycling is greatly effected as I have cut down a lot. Cheers.

Comments

• neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    I assume you've tried having the saddle level instead of pointed down?
  • It is worst level, so I tried it slightly down and then some more to get things more comfortable.

I am 88kg and 6'2" so I am not overly heavy.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Saddle to bar drop? Do you remember the saddle you used to have? You could try the fizik saddles, personally they dont seem to cause any blood flow issues and some dealers have them on test as do Sella Italia, so you can try them out first.
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    So, what was the saddle you used on the bike that was stolen?

Is your saddle nose to bar reach longer or shorter than it was? Maybe your fit isn't the same on the bikes you have now?

Angling the saddle down can just mean you slide down towards the nose and it puts more pressure on it. Try it angled slightly up too.
  • Get a bike fit
    I do science, sometimes.
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    the SMP Composite solved all my issues with numbness. Maybe the Hybrid has too much padding so it's still crushing. The composite is rock solid, which takes a couple of and sometimes painful weeks to get used to but once that's out the way it's invisible and zero numbness. Shame theyre so expensive.

Also the spesh romin is a lot better than the toupe, at least for me.
  • Same issues here.
    Tried lowering & raising the saddle to no effect.
    Numbnuts kicked in at about 30mins with a Selle San Marco Island Ponza.

Changed to a 143 Specialized Romin and it was ok out on the road but still gave Numbnuts at 45mins on the Traininer

Tried a Selle SMP Pro (was too soft & Heavy) and am now playing with a Selle SMP Forma (hard but light)
    1:30 on the trainer and no numbness.
    Took a bit of playing to find the sweetspot.

Forgot to add if you do want to give SMP a try speak to Brain at Dilgloves Sutton Coldfield
    http://www.dillglove.co.uk
    They have a try before you buy and you can either take you bike along, or try in the shop and then take it away with you and bring it back to exchange or buy.

As others have said they arent cheap, but considering that we spend a fortune on frames & wheels whats a few quid in relation to long term protection for the old man?
    Specialized Enduro 2010 -custom
    Specialized Stumpjumper Elite 2009
    Specialized Hotwalker - start them young

Jamis Xenith Comp - Road
  • If you're having periods - see a doctor :lol:
    (sorry chaps - just couldn't resist it!)