Too cold to ride?

2»

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Don't know what all the fuss is about, went out today and even got stopped by the police for speeding..

a_snowman_on_top_of_a_bicycle_at_rackles_hill_phot_1593243593.jpeg
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    MattC59 wrote:
    RoyPSB wrote:
    You guys should drop the MTFU crap - it's not big or clever, a very neanderthal thing to say!

oooooh, get you !!.......... handbags at dawn !!!

I wouldn't have thought handbags were manly enough. Manbags maybe?

It is a pathetic thing to write - I bet most of the peope who use it on here wouldn't even say it to someone's face either!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    RoyPSB wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    RoyPSB wrote:
    You guys should drop the MTFU crap - it's not big or clever, a very neanderthal thing to say!

oooooh, get you !!.......... handbags at dawn !!!

I wouldn't have thought handbags were manly enough. Manbags maybe?

It is a pathetic thing to write - I bet most of the peope who use it on here wouldn't even say it to someone's face either!

eeeeerm............. lighten up !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Even the cross bike will be staying in the shed today. It was -12 here last night and the roads/paths/everywhere is either compact, frozen snow or sheet ice. Going to do a weights session in the gym and hurt myself on the turbo later.

Remember, telling other forum members to MTFU is like a dyslexic midget - it's not big and it's not clever, BUT is funny. So LTFU - Lighten The Fook Up.

Stay safe all.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Don't know what all the fuss is about, went out today and even got stopped by the police for speeding..

a_snowman_on_top_of_a_bicycle_at_rackles_hill_phot_1593243593.jpeg

This isn't very believable, his chin strap isn't secured for starters..........
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    What would he have in his bottle? Nothing with sodium.

Carrot juice?
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    Re: Too cold to ride?
    No!
    Went home the long way from work last night and even ended up last few miles in the dark with no front light. Enjoyed the technical side of going fast down hill on shity roads.
    But then again I live in the North, much warmer up hear.
    Ha Ha!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Did 5 hours yesterday on the CX bike with studded tyres - it was -9 degrees at 9 am - mainly off road. Some sections of backroads hadn't been gritted so was packed snow and ice polished shiney by traffic, even with studded tyres you could feel them squirming about - my worry was the folks in cars cos they'd not have much control.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Pah! Call that cold. This is cold. :wink:

44below.jpg
  • Well - it doesn't take much... this was when it was still above freezing....

http://youtu.be/hIBNuI5c114?hd=1

Riding on 28c Conti Top Contacts.... so good tyres. I've got CX tyres on at the moment (for the snow) but I'm fitting my Marathon Winters for the rest of the week... v v sticky tyres
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    I've never understood the British attitude to snow. "What do you mean the roads closed? There's only an inch of snow" I don't care how f-ing deep it is, it's the top layer I care about and if it's slippy, it's slippy.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Been going mental for the last 2 weeks when the temp has never risen above -2 degrees. Ice everywhere.

Got a 2 hour ride in yesterday (it was a balmy -3) on the 'cross bike and loved it! Mind you, when I got home I couldn't feel my toes and my drink had partially frozen in the bottle. :shock:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Did 60 miles yesterday. Warmer on the commute in this morning though; wishing I hadn't warn a micro fleece.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'll ride if it's really really cold now, but if it's only cold enough to be a bit wet/a bit icy I'll head off road. White frost is fine, polished puddles are a wee bit slippery. Dry cold is really nice, just stick to the treated roads and you'll be fine.

Any snow on the ground = MTB off road (or a lie in)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017