Harry for England?

2»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I'm not so sure Capello has had a 'huff'. I think this outcome suits him just fine. He has, deliberately in my opinion, put himself at odds with the FA decision over Terry, knowing it would cause a discussion, where he would be told that as the highest paid employee of the FA he could not be seen to have a different view to the rest of the board. If he was not going to fall into line then there was only one outcome.

All this, because I think Capello realises England have no chance of doing well at the Euros, and why taint his reputation further with another dissapointing major tournament. He knew that the stick he was going to get when, as is certain England underwhelm us all again, would not be worth it against the loss of a few months wages. Better to go now, for seemingly non footballing reasons, (maybe to a highly paid job in Russia?) even though he should have been fired after the World Cup in SA.

This all seems to be a clever manouvre by a shrewd, and now very wealthy man.

Seeing as Alan Pardew is ruling himself out of the England job :shock: , I suppose I'd better do likewise. I'm not interested.

+1

Afraid to say that I could not give a monkey's about England anymore. Far more interested in seeing my club win things.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    399814_10150518874386175_576646174_8988486_1775333610_n.jpg
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    So Capello has quit.

It's not like an Italian to desert a sinking ship now is it? :twisted:

(Knicked but I just had to use it :wink: )
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Nail on head

+1

Afraid to say that I could not give a monkey's about England anymore. Far more interested in seeing my club win things.

+1
    I'm enjoying Spurs' season more than I'll enjoy England's
    I wonder whether Fabio can claim constructive dismissal and an ensuing payout?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • wakou
    wakou Posts: 165
    Why do we want a self-confessed illiterate, who has never sent an email or a fax to run the national team?
    "I had righteous got my wheel backmost from a fettlin' at the LBS and was hunt transport to equitation it. As it was Refrigerated in the AM......"
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    wakou wrote:
    Why do we want a self-confessed illiterate, who has never sent an email or a fax to run the national team?

Come on now, dodgy cockney Spurs managers have always done pretty well for England in the past :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • I remember when they appointed Sven and all the talk was about ensuring that after his reign there would be a pool of good, English managers vying for the role...

I think Harry will get it, possibly best for him to finish the season with Spurs and then take over for the tournament and then see how things go, although knowing the FA they'll want to tie him down to a 4 year contract and then the Euro's will be a disaster.

I'd prefer to see Wenger get it, international experience, strong 'footballing' philosophy, track record of developing young players and knows England and most of the squad very well. Also the stick he's getting from Arsenal fans is ridiculous, although it may well be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.

Anyway saw this and though it was funny - http://i42.tinypic.com/15eg6xc.jpg
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I've heard rumours that Harry is semi-literate. I don't know if they are true or not, but I take them with a pinch of salt. How can you get through your coaching badges (but not the UEFA Pro Licence, is that significant?) without being able to read or write properly? If it is true, it shows just how good he is at man management and that is something you don't get out of a book. Book learning is good, of course, but a good man manager knows when someone needs an arm around their shoulder and when someone needs a kick up the backside.

[gritted teeth]Remember where Spurs were when they brought Harry in and where they finished up that season.[/gritted teeth]
    Whether his lips move as he's trying to read a colouring book or he speed-reads War and Peace at half time after delivering his team talk, as a manager, he must be doing something right.

Lets hope all of this England talk is a major distraction and Spurs tumble into a relegation spot, eh?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • walkingbootweather
    walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
    edited April 2012
    So Spurs fans, not doing so well at the moment are you? Any keener on Harry getting the job now?

Alan Pardew is English, and appears to be achieving much more than Harry for a far smaller budget. Is he a realistic alternative for the job?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    So Spurs fan's, not doing so well at the moment are you? Any keener on Harry getting the job now?

Alan Pardew is English, and appears to be achieving much more than Harry for a far smaller budget. Is he a realistic alternative for the job?

Mick McCarthy FTW.

• Mick McCarthy FTW.

Free The Wales?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    So Spurs fans, not doing so well at the moment are you? Any keener on Harry getting the job now?

As a Newcastle fan I'd appreciate it if you chuffed right off.

I don't understand why anyone would want to manage England. It's a poisoned chalice; failure guaranteed.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    As a Newcastle fan I'd appreciate it if you chuffed right off.

+1
    *Pencils in Wed/Thurs nights for next season*
    Asprilla wrote:
    I don't understand why anyone would want to manage England. It's a poisoned chalice; failure guaranteed.

+1
    the 'career pinnacle' aspect has to be out weighed by the media's 5 minute honeymoon, whilst sharpening their knives.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I don't understand why anyone would want to manage England.

I can think of about six million reasons :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770