I think I'm in love

2»

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,371
    coriordan wrote:
    I have a VERY similar looking frame, but the lugs are nowhere near as pretty, and its 20 years old.
    Not sure whether to put Dura Ace 7400 or make it single.

Some photos here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65473577@N ... 968390163/
    Details of plans, here: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12832197

Possibly the first CF framed bike I've really liked the look of, possibly because it resembles a steel frame.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest I don't even like the pairing of the frame and SRAM Red. Nothing against SRAM but I always associate their groupset (and their 'go faster' decals) with performance bikes designed to be ridden in professional races (and blokes wearing headphones).
    :lol:
    Even happier now, I presume!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest I don't even like the pairing of the frame and SRAM Red. Nothing against SRAM but I always associate their groupset (and their 'go faster' decals) with performance bikes designed to be ridden in professional races.
    What? SRAM is what Contador uses, it's what I'd use if I wanted to tear up Balham Hill. On the weekend cruise around Richmond Park trying to impress... er (we have a serious lack of London based girlies in this section)... I'd ride my titanium lugged carbon sex machine with my equally stylish italian carbon groupset (not Athena) that just oozed sex upon sex upon sex.

It's the difference between a Porsche 911 and Porsche 911 GT3. One you get laid in, the other you take scalps with.
    Ahh right, I see what you mean now ;) To be honest though, I reckon the legs pushing the cranks are more a factor in attractiveness than the brand of the cranks themselves!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest I don't even like the pairing of the frame and SRAM Red. Nothing against SRAM but I always associate their groupset (and their 'go faster' decals) with performance bikes designed to be ridden in professional races (and paunchy blokes wearing headphones).
    Even happier now, I presume!
    th_MusicIsAwesomeSmall.png