I think I'm in love

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Saw this yesterday in Mosquito Bikes in Islington. If only I had more money than sense....

http://www.mosquito-bikes.co.uk/htdocs/ ... em_id=1581

Indy%20XS%20-%20Frame-large.jpg
Indy%20XS%20-%20Head%20Badge-large.jpg
Indy%20XS%20-%20Lugs-large.jpg
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• Sketchley wrote:
    If only I had more money than sense....

Only a tenner for that frame, then? :wink::wink::wink:

Looks very nice though I always find it very hard to picture the bike built up. I think frames often look better than the bikes they become...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Mmmmm.....sexy lugs....
  • Looks quite similar to the Merlin Cielo

merlin.jpg

I seem to remember that the Cielo had a tendency to snap near the rear dropout. Shame, because they really are very pretty.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Are those seatstays actually fork blades? Clever solution.....
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • sketchley
    --
    Chris

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Whilst it's nice. I must confess I'd prefer a full Ti lugged frame. I'm not keen on the combination of the two materials, all of one or all of the other for me. Does the second built up picture have bamboo tubes for the main frame?
  • dont only ride a bike
  • Sketchley wrote:
    Complete bike pictures

eeeuuuww - like it a lot less now :cry: :?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    It's actually not fair that bikes like that exist and I don't own one. :( Even though my 30th is approaching :( Ms DDD has said "No more bikes" despite the fact that I've always wanted a Titanium and/or lugged Ti on carbon bike.

Ti is my favourite metal, carbon my favourite material since back in my jewellery and sword ownership days. I loved the stuff that I was at one time trying to source a titanium katana until I found out that the metal couldn't be shaped in that way and remain as thin, as sharp and as strong as a folded steel katana (I still think the info explaining that may be wrong). I'd love to own a proper folded steel katana...

Anyway Lovely bike, me wanty.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Sketchley wrote:
    Saw this yesterday in Mosquito Bikes in Islington. If only I had more money than sense....

No credit card for bike only purchases then? :wink:
  • Gussio
    IMHO it would look soooooo much nicer without the deep section rims.
  • DonDaddyD
    Gussio wrote:
    I agree and I get irked by the assumption that all bikes look better with deep section rims. Not all do.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    I agree and I get irked by the assumption that all bikes look better with deep section rims. Not all do.
    +many, and I do have a set of deep-sections
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Love? I'm currently failing to convince myself that when Spring arrives in a couple of weeks and I replace the well-worn chains, cassette & rings after 8500 enjoyable miles, I don't follow through and put Di2 on the thing in place of the Victorian cable system currently in place. Thus far all attempts have failed. It's gonna happen...
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...in my jewellery and sword ownership days...

Quote of the week!

Very pretty frame, but a touch too bling for ti IMHO. I get the feeling that if ever I visit the Enigma factory I will need to take a change of pants and no credit cards whatsoever.
  • JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    +many, and I do have a set of deep-sections

+++

I liked the frame until I saw it with those wheels. Serious styling error
  • DonDaddyD
    To be honest I don't even like the pairing of the frame and SRAM Red. Nothing against SRAM but I always associate their groupset (and their 'go faster' decals) with performance bikes designed to be ridden in professional races.

I'd much rather see a more delicate, elegant looking groupset like Chorus with it's thin chain rings.

SRAM Red, Ultegra and Dura-Ace just seem too beefy in design for such slim and slender tubes.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Beautiful.

I'm quite thankful that it's too big for me.
    Or a little disappointed. One of the two.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest I don't even like the pairing of the frame and SRAM Red. Nothing against SRAM but I always associate their groupset (and their 'go faster' decals) with performance bikes designed to be ridden in professional races.
    :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What? SRAM is what Contador uses, it's what I'd use if I wanted to tear up Balham Hill. On the weekend cruise around Richmond Park trying to impress... er (we have a serious lack of London based girlies in this section)... I'd ride my titanium lugged carbon sex machine with my equally stylish italian carbon groupset (not Athena) that just oozed sex upon sex upon sex.

It's the difference between a Porsche 911 and Porsche 911 GT3. One you get laid in, the other you take scalps with.
    Food Chain number = 4

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What? SRAM is what Contador uses, it's what I'd use if I wanted to tear up Balham Hill. On the weekend cruise around Richmond Park trying to impress... er (we have a serious lack of London based girlies in this section)... I'd ride my titanium lugged carbon sex machine with my equally stylish italian carbon groupset (not Athena) that just oozed sex upon sex upon sex.

It's the difference between a Porsche 911 and Porsche 911 GT3. One you get laid in, the other you take scalps with.

there is no way on earth you have pulled a chick because of the groupset on your bike!?

the only possible "women" i can think of who would possibly fall for groupset talk is/ was Missy Giove i think you would still struggle there aswell.....shes a carpet muncher
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I agree with DDD - classic lines need campag.
  • sketchley
    I have to say the pictures of the frame do not do it justice. If you are in the area pop in and see it. It is a thing of beauty. The complete bikes look a bit naff though mainly due to those wheels. Here's a better one, but why you would paint the Ti white or any colour is beyond me.....

RaphaIFXSside.jpg
    --
    Chris

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have a VERY similar looking frame, but the lugs are nowhere near as pretty, and its 20 years old.
    Not sure whether to put Dura Ace 7400 or make it single.

Some photos here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65473577@N ... 968390163/
    Details of plans, here: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12832197
  • Gussio
    Sketchley wrote:
    If you are in the area pop in and see it.

Worth a visit to Mosquito to drool over the Pegorettis (if they still stock them).
  • sketchley
    Gussio wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    If you are in the area pop in and see it.

Worth a visit to Mosquito to drool over the Pegorettis (if they still stock them).

To be fair there is lots to drool over in that shop.....
    --
    Chris

• DonDaddyD
    Sketchley wrote:
    I have to say the pictures of the frame do not do it justice. If you are in the area pop in and see it. It is a thing of beauty. The complete bikes look a bit naff though mainly due to those wheels. Here's a better one, but why you would paint the Ti white or any colour is beyond me.....

RaphaIFXSside.jpg
    It's not titanium if it's painted.

#Demsdarulez
    Food Chain number = 4

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Looks like an updated Hetchins to me, but that's just me

Frankly - meh, I'd rather have a modern bike that looked just that - modern.

BTW - there is no such thing as a bike that looks good with deep section rims, they all look cack, the sort of thing a Triathlete or something would use. Ewww.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Small framed bikes for small people are much worse for looks.

Never seen a bike set up for a small chap that looks good.

As a general rule also: deep rims look better on bigger frames.