Employment Dispute & Tracing a Mobile Number

2»

Comments

• m00nd0g
    m00nd0g Posts: 176
    Trace the number by phoning it back in the middle of the night.
    Remember to put 141 in front of the number you are calling.
    Dont say anything just listen
  • m00nd0g wrote:
    Trace the number by phoning it back in the middle of the night.
    Remember to put 141 in front of the number you are calling.
    Dont say anything just listen
    Or post the number on here and we can run the midnight-special trace for you. A first name might be helpful as well, so we know who to "ask for". :D
    time flies like an arrow
    fruit flies like a banana
  • this is not cleaning its maintenance. I'd challenge, cleaning is a bit of brushing up, wiping down not removing the waste off a piss stone.. Ask if she's assessed the risks of the task you're being asked to do? Stupid bitch.

if you have a line in your job description that says 'any other tasks deemed reasonable' that means nothing to as reasonable is subjective.

As for the texts don't hesitate to involve the police, hopefully its this so called boss & her days in charge are numbered.
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300
  • Yes the police can trace the mobile number even if the number has been with held,
    I work for a mobile company and the guys here get calls from the police for many reasons like this and yes they will trace that call and can find out where the call is coming from and the location at the time the call was made!

Mate stand up to the old witch!! she will fall in the end..
    My Bikes
    1978 BSA javerlin
    1987 Mike Mullet 531c
    2008 Giant TCR
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    thanks keen&mean! appreciate that. Unfortunately we are all fairly mild mannered so it's taken over 3 years for us to finally make our stand and it's pretty a pretty awful atmosphere at the moment, but we're sticking to our guns.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Special K wrote:
    Bad luck mate.

But am I the only one whose first reaction was along the lines of

'There's a recession on. Quit whining.'

This country is not going to recover economically by slavishly referring to job descriptions.

Similarly the words 'trade union' are unlikely to feature in any account of 'britain's remarkable recovery'.

Probably. It is questionable whether the work needs doing and, if it does, then it should be done by the correct people not by an unqualified source of free labour. Think of the costs to the Council (or their insurers) if one of these people were to cut a hand and get some kind of nasty infection whilst carrying out the job.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    You've got a PM.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Why not ask the bitch to give you a demo of how it's done?

You're not trained to take them apart and she obviously believes that it's easy so ask her to train you.

The older I get, the better I was.

• can you ask her for the formal written risk assesment for the task and the appropriate control measures that need to be put in place to protect your health. if she cannot provide then she can't ask you to do the work. simples.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Others have hinted at this already - by forcing you to do the work without undertaking a risk assessment and providing you with a safe system of work, your boss is in breach of duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (Sections 2.1 and 2.2) and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (Regs 3, 5 and 13 for starters, but probably more) , ie. breaking the law, as I'm sure your Union advisers will be aware. For the work to be undertaken safely, you need to be provided with appropriate information, training and supervision, provided with the correct personal protective equipment and tools, and competent to undertake the task without putting yourself at risk.

Apologies for the boring post, but maybe some of this info may be helpful! Good luck with this - the reasonably practicable course of action would be to engage a professional plumber of course. I'm no expert at employment law, but constructive dismissal could apply if you're forced out of a job for refusing to undertake unsafe work.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Don't tell anyone you want to quit.

Raise a greivance, resign, sue for constructive dismissal.

Win!
  • guinea wrote:
    Don't tell anyone you want to quit.

Raise a greivance, resign, sue for constructive dismissal.

Win!

Sounds good. Go for it.
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    anyone else slighltly concerned that Nwsteyn has not been on in response, hope he did not fall into the drain...
  • nweststeyn
    I'm okay! I'm okay!

Since we have raised a grievance there has been little said on the subject at work. Fortunately for me, I've been offered work elsewhere on something that quite excites me, so I've handed my notice in. Unfortunately for the other guys, I have a feeling she is waiting for me to go so that the groups position against her is weakened somewhat.

3 weeks left and I'm gone.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Well you could always raise the issue with the HSE - your parting gift to your soon to be ex boss.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/index.htm
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Any news although I'm aware you will have left this job by now ?
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    Why not ask the ***** to give you a demo of how it's done?

You're not trained to take them apart and she obviously believes that it's easy so ask her to train you.

She's a f**k'n woman..they have'nt any practical skills
  • nweststeyn
    No news really! I am away from there now and working in the guitar repair workshop at a local music store. The resolution process was drawn out for so long that I was gone before it was over. It was clearly a ploy by my (now ex) boss to ensure I couldn't cause any more hassle. I'll give one of my ex-colleagues a call and ask what happened in the end. I should think they'll wait for my replacement to start and then get them to do it while theyre keen to impress!
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    I hope you're planning your case for constructive dismissal.