The Man Chump Posts: 81
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
I'm at 476,

How does that compare?

Anyone at 1000 yet?

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    can't quiet work this one out, have you done 476 miles and asking if anyone else has done 100 miles this year?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Must read my posts before submitting, Adjusted now :)
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    How does that conmpare?

Fancy re-editing your re-edit?

:lol:
  • I have done 403 so far this year and hope to keep it up all year long.

Recently joined a club and most of them are doing around the 500 ish miles a month. Think club runs help boost the mileage, plus gets you out more regularly!!
    Summer: Condor Classico
    Winter: Genesis Ather
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I am around 650ish. Usually aim for 150-200 a week and the odd turbo session but the blinking weather could interrupt the mileage (just been on the turbo due to ice warnings and I can see me doing turbo all week at this rate, ho hum).

I don't know if you caught the CW article on that chap who did masses of miles in 1939:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -year.html

Incredible. He even picked up a broken collarbone halfway through, strapped it up with an innertube and carried on one handed. Respect is due!
  • Crimmey
    Crimmey Posts: 207
    edited January 2012
    Should pass the 1000 2moz if it doesn't bleedin' snow. It will totally devastate me if I cant get out. :cry:
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    100 a week and I am a happy man. So far clocked up 350 for Jan but that does include a weeks holiday. It's getting colder so the turbo has been reinstated in the dining room :(
  • rather embarrassingly I've just got back from a 6 week trip to australia with the bike, so my mileage is, well, pretty good. It's plummeting now though.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    currently at this;

yeartodate.jpg

Mixture of turbo sessions, mtb rides, and road rides. Also had a week off due to illness :/
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    oh dear...35 miles lol although have done 19 running miles. working nights and winter don't seem to add up to getting a lot of cycling in at the moment! :-(
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • 346 so far this year for me...........must try harder
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Only 415 as been real busy since Christmas, should pick up soon.
  • paulc33
    paulc33 Posts: 254
    Having poor month but have been very busy working extra hours and family issues

70miles so far! Next month I must increase
    2015 Specialized S-Works Tarmac - Ultegra Di2 (7.0kg)
    Kinesis Aithein - Ultegra mechanical (7.3kg)
    Kinesis Maxlight Xc130 - xt/ xtr (11.3kg)

spin to win!
  • 308 for me but that does include the birth of a child so doing well! Lots of late night runs on my lonesome!

Also managed 10miles in the pool too
    I Dont Ride Hills, I Climb Mountains!

2010 Scott S40
    2011 Wilier Izoard XP
  • Some fantastic mileages been racked up by some of you guys already! :o

I'm on 193.31 miles to be exact, but I'm just a weekender cyclist. I've been impressed with the weekend weather so far though, better than I thought it would be. Hoping to do more miles when the weather warms up a bit in a couple of months.

I've done 56km of swimming as well though, so not been idle the rest of the time...
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    I am around 650ish. Usually aim for 150-200 a week and the odd turbo session but the blinking weather could interrupt the mileage (just been on the turbo due to ice warnings and I can see me doing turbo all week at this rate, ho hum).

I don't know if you caught the CW article on that chap who did masses of miles in 1939:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -year.html
    What an amazing article - the guy is a legend.
  • Prepare to feel inadequate:

Check out this guy. http://app.strava.com/athletes/195484 3477 miles, year to date.
    MTB HardTail: GT Aggressor XC2 '09
    Road Summer(s): Kuota Kharma '10
    Road Winter(w): Carrera Virtuoso '10
    Full Suspension: Trek Fuel Ex 8 '11

http://app.strava.com/athletes/130161
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Few of the guys i ride with have been doing 1400mi+ and are in the top 50 on that list on strava. They just get out and do massive miles on the weekend (120-160mi), and maybe 60mi a few evenings in the week.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Tsssk. Have you not seen the Stats board. Do join us. Link below.

415 for me so far, which is nowhere.
  • 913 miles so far including 7 consecutive days of 50+ mile rides, but only because ive been doing a challenge on Strava to as many base miles as you can between Jan 6-31, at the moment i,m in just in the top 300 out of about 7000 participants, the leader has done over 3000 miles but most of the top places are riders in the USA/Australia where the weather is probably a bit warmer than here, i wanted to do 1000 miles but got a bit bored with it , i,ll be glad to get back to my normal diet of ~400 per month now.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    20. I'm a lazy lardy oik. :(

But I've been putting in plenty of gym time. :)

I know, I know. :roll:
    Purveyor of "up" :)

My January so far:
    Crappy weather
    Crappy cold turned into roaring cough
    Niggling back complaint aggravated by cough
    Rested for a bit, didn't settle, got bored resting
    Tried a bit of gentle exercise to get things moving - made it worse.
    Tried a day total rest, lying on the floor. Made it MUCH worse (because I hopped up too quick)
    2 weeks excrutiating sciatica - mashed the facet joints together when I hopped up too quick, says physio.
    2 weeks Major painkillers: Diazepam, Tramadol, kill-a-donkey anti-inflammatories, etc.
    1 week so far recovering - back on my feet, pain free. No strength in right leg, numb right foot.

:(

And not only no mileage but I also haven't progressed on my first ever bike restoration.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    A very meagre 255 miles so far this year.

I am only riding once per week though.
  • JohnBoyUK
    JohnBoyUK Posts: 206
    517 miles to date for me. Would have been nearly 600 had I not had mechanical problems on Sunday, cutting my ride short and then having to spend most of last night sorting it out. If I can put my bar tape on tonight without any problems (its my first attempt), I'll do at least 33 on the turbo tonight to bring me up to a nice round 550.

In comparison, one of my club colleagues passed 1,000 miles on last Sunday's club ride. He's been averaging around 250 miles a week since he packed up his job before Christmas to go self employed and has been absolutely flying since.
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    393 so far, all commuting :)

Must stop having lazy weekends and get out on some club runs too :oops:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    557 miles. All outdoor mainly road, but a fair amount of MTB.

It's my highest ever cycling month (just), happy about that considering it's January. Although previous years I've also run and swum - both of which I've given up.
  • Daft question, are you big mile guys getting out most nights ?

Or is it commuting miles plus weekends I'm up to 300 just doing Sat/ Sun rides :(
  • Just 153 miles......oh dear..... :oops:
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Muffintop
    Muffintop Posts: 296
    179 miles so far. I'm quite pleased with that, considering I don't commute and (I'll say this softly as I don't want to upset people) I've done other things.
    FCN: Brompton: 12, Tourer: 7, Racer: 4

http://www.60milestonod.blogspot.com
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    101 miles for me on the road bike, maybe another 20ish on the mtb. Must try harder