Mileage this year so far......

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    447 all on road miles. I'd hoped to get 500 done but missed out on that. I would have done another 30 miles today but after a bit of fettling to the bike my hands were freezing and there was the odd little bit of sleet falling... so I wimped out.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Peddle Up! wrote:
    20. I'm a lazy lardy oik. :(

But I've been putting in plenty of gym time. :)

What he said :roll:

Although have been running and 3/4 gym sessions a week.
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    This has to be the best start ever for me, just cloked in at 565 miles for January. I've never been out on the bike so much in my life before, well certainly not clocking up so many miles. Looking forward to the nicer weather already :)
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    Here's my stat. I think I do between 150 an 200 mile a week. So the lowest amount is 600 for Jan. but on a bike that weighs 40lbs +. Most of the miles are not on the road because I like to keep away from the traffic.

I love OP's like this because it takes me back to my infant school days. Several of us would go in together and have a competition to see how high we could pee. My mate Paul was ace at it because he could drop it in to his mouth. :oops:
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • phiadad
    phiadad Posts: 94
    just checked, 1348.7 miles for me [all road ]
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123

Cold / hacking cough as soon as I went back to work, couple of gently recovery rides after a week but still not breathing properly. Now my right foot is swollen and painful, and won't go into my cycling shoe. :(

(diagnosis by Google suggests metatarsalgia, which I may have induced by too much dog walking in new, ill-fitting boots)
  • Peddle Up! wrote:
    20. I'm a lazy lardy oik. :(

But I've been putting in plenty of gym time. :)

What he said :roll:

Although have been running and 3/4 gym sessions a week.

Mine does incude spin classes.
    FCN: Brompton: 12, Tourer: 7, Racer: 4

http://www.60milestonod.blogspot.com
  • Best start to the year for me in my cycling life!, Saying that I am training for my first race season. This doesnt include commuting but that doesnt cound anyway :P

JanMileage.jpg
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Just under 900 for Jan.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    291 so far this year, uni exams resulted in virtually no mileage for the first 2 weeks of the year, so most of that has been ridden in the last 2 and half weeks, should pick up now. Planning to do my first 100 on friday.
  • 488 miles for Jan for me, i'm happy, it is my first full month cycling. Lost weight and feeling better :)
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Prepare to feel inadequate:

Check out this guy. http://app.strava.com/athletes/195484 3477 miles, year to date.
    That's over 100 miles a day for January. I see he is based in the States and he must be doing some major mileage event as his mileage for the previous 6 months is very low in comparison.

Just generally, I think the mileages some people have already clocked up this year here in the UK is amazing for January. I've only done 157 miles and I thought that was quite good for this time of year until I read this thread!
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    My miles are going to be about the same every month. Circa 900. Commuting, a race and a club ride. Be good to track them all though.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • As I only ride road on the weekends I do 3 midweek rides on the rollers / turbo I recon 700-720 for january
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    Quite pleased to see these totals. I did nothing until the 14th of January but up to 300 miles now. I've started commuting to work, which is a 37 mile round trip, twice a week and trying to get in around 80 at the weekends. For the first time since I got back on the bike 2 years ago I am actually getting some consistent miles in my legs. I might be fit enough to join in on the club run soon!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Oh alright, I'll admit it; a big, fat zero.

My January schedule - Week One, couldn't be arsed. Week Two, couldn't be arsed. Week Three, couldn't be arsed. Week Four, couldn't be arsed.

February was looking similar too but while flicking through Procycling last weekend I started to feel 'the urge' to get out there again. I also found the drunken 'Resolutions' list I'd made on my phone over Christmas which states that, apparently, I'll be riding regular hundred milers by June...
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    I dun 3 millions and my winky is far massiver than all of yours!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • pease
    pease Posts: 150
    Totalled about 30 over two 'rides' one cut shout due to hand pain (getting over a crush injury) the other cut short as my tenn bib tights simply aren't warm enough! Might get round the garage on the Turbo in the morning as this Christmas weight isn't going to shift itself....
    Insert witty signature here
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    990.49 for January, no riding for the last week and a half due to a bad back so quite pleased with that. Can't see myself doing that this month.
  • I had been out every day this year so far, but the white stuff has kept me in!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    so far this year 510km (316 miles)... but the ice up here has slowed me down a little bit. Only got back on the bike on the 16th so about 3 weeks in.
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    568 so far. I was quite pleased with that until I saw some of the figures in this thread!
  • speedo
    speedo Posts: 115
    582 mile for January
  • speedo
    speedo Posts: 115
    582 miles in January
  • andysol
    andysol Posts: 125
    701 in Jan (inc turbo sessions) but ive started Feb poorly.
    Andy
    Evidently i mostly have a FCN of 1. I'm now a lady!
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Should turbo sessions be included??
  • andysol
    Personally i have, as each 1 hour session is 16-18 miles @ approx road conditions (for me). Depending on the intensity level. If its not then its around the 530 - 550 mark :)
    Andy
  • 709 for me
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Should turbo sessions be included??

Not on CiBs SCStats site but no rules here. Still, turbo miles isn't cycling is it? :wink:

665 so far this year. Not much motivated at the moment :(
    Faster than a tent.......
  • andysol
    Still, turbo miles isn't cycling is it?

No you are right, its a cruel sweaty torture designed to destroy all will to live.

Until 3 months later when you can climb the local mountain on the big ring

I wish!
    Andy