My 54cm Carbonzone roadbike......how relaxed geometry ?(pic)

13»

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I think it looks fine, here's a pic of mine-

BadTrek.jpg

Yeah, but the difference here is the adjustable stem, you can drop it on a whim !!
    Totally different, unfair comparrison.
    :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Ezy

This is all a bit odd mate.

I think the frame you have is the FM028 which already has a relaxed/sportive geometry. Add to this a massive and dangerous looking stack of spacers plus an upturned stem and plus strangely high shifters and you have a very very relaxed type bike. it doesn't matter what bike or frame you buy you will never replicate the position you have here without similar spacers, stem etc.

I've had a really good look at the pics compared to my own bike and it does indeed seem like its an FM028 - pretty much confirmed by the 543mm effective top tube. I bought this frame rather than the FM015 specifically because it is a more relaxed sportive geometry ( http://cheapcarbonframes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/sizing.html ). The forks are full carbon including the steerer tube and so i'd agree with MajorMantra about the strain placed on the steerer due to all the spacers. Given your height, the frame is very likely the right size (i'm on a 54cm at 5ft 10 / 31" inside leg) but i'm amazed you can ride that at speed - imagine what you could do if you got a bit more aero!!

Here's a pic of my bike with the same frame in the same size for comparrison.

DSCF0285600x450.jpg
  • Wirral_paul
    NapoleonD wrote:

BadTrek.jpg

Looks like the saddle is about to fall off the bike of the seat post!! :lol::lol:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    MattC59 wrote:
    Didn't we go through a similar exercise with Ezy Rider and saddle choice ?

I wanna see that thread!
  • Ezy Rider
    Ezy Rider Posts: 415
    NapoleonD wrote:

BadTrek.jpg

FUNNIEST POST OF THE YEAR ALREADY....................!!!!!
  • Ezy Rider
    OK...................here is the deal

I spoke to LBS guy after getting my A$$ reamed here over the spacers, I left on the 3 spacers the bike came with, which is the same set up for most new bikes for sale and removed the multitude of others. I rode home from the shop to try it out this way. My lower back is a tad sore as Im not used to the bars being about 35mm lower. Is this normal as a result of the height drop and is there a getting used to it period ? Also, seeing as Ive dropped the bars about 35mm, is there a saddle height / position adjustment needed as a result ?
  • petemadoc
    It's not far off your set up :shock: :shock:

The other weird thing is that it looks like you've got an inline seatpost with the saddle pushed right far forward on the rails. ?
  • Ezy Rider
    PeteMadoc wrote:

The other weird thing is that it looks like you've got an inline seatpost with the saddle pushed right far forward on the rails. ?

no, the saddle isnt at the end of its acceptable travel at all, but does the bar drop negate any mandatory saddle adjustment ?
  • petemadoc
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

no, the saddle isnt at the end of its acceptable travel at all, but does the bar drop negate any mandatory saddle adjustment ?

Saddle should be adjusted against your knee position relative to the cranks and has nothing to do with where the bars are.

It's pretty normal to get some back pain when first riding a road bike but your body will adjust as your muscles strengthen.
  • Wirral_paul
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    FUNNIEST POST OF THE YEAR ALREADY....................!!!!!

Sorry but there's dozens of funnier posts here......... http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12831510&hilit=thebigbee

Enjoy :lol:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Just wanted to clarify something, "Went for a professional fitting and he adjusted the bike"...can you name the chap, just out of interest so that I never go there!!

FWIW, I don't think that frame is relaxed geo at all. The post by Wirral Paul shows it how it should be setup but when I compare it to something like the Spesh Secteur (or Synapses, Audax, etc.) it still looks quite tight in the angles, etc., and the head tube is not that tall at all.

I think Napd forgot to use ironic font, made me chuckle though.
  • petemadoc
    To be fair to Ezy

You seem to be taking some of the advice offered on board rather than flying of the handle at people taking the wee wee.

I do think you need to get a fitting or do some research. This might help a little

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAl_5e7bIHk
  • Ezy Rider
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    To be fair to Ezy

You seem to be taking some of the advice offered on board rather than flying of the handle at people taking the wee wee.

I do think you need to get a fitting or do some research. This might help a little

ive a good sense of humour pete and thick skin, strong keenness to learn also mate,
  • Ezy Rider
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Just wanted to clarify something, "Went for a professional fitting and he adjusted the bike"...can you name the chap, just out of interest so that I never go there!!

he aint a "do it your garage joe", he does it professionally ,but I think it would be very wrong to name names.............. as he is a lot bigger than me :lol:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    To be fair to Ezy

ive a good sense of humour pete and thick skin, strong keenness to learn also mate,

Nice one fella :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I think some of the advice about stretching and back exercises are very valid. Perhaps a couple of sessions at a good osteopath or sports physio will give you some good exercises for your lower back which will improve over time.

My flexibility (hamstrings, lower back, shoulders, etc.) was rubbish but for the last two years I have done a programme of stretches about 5 times a week (some sessions are short, some are longer depending on what riding I have been doing). I can now happily jump on a bike with a steep angle and stay on the drops IF I want to, but often I don't. Having a few bikes with different geo helps me mix and match positions too which keeps it all fresh.

Keep at it there chap.
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    MattC59 wrote:
    christ, can't you get those hoods any futher up on the bars !?!?!?!?!
    I'm not a expert but from what I know I question your "pro bike fitter" with a setup like that. to me that setup screams the wrong fame and bars for you.

BUT hey if you feel it the set up works for you then who are we to say otherwise. :roll:

What do you hope to get out of buying a new bike/frame ?
    Are you going for another pro fit? If so I'd pick a different fitter and ask them to reccomend a frame for your shape and need.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Boy oh boy, does that frame need some Decals...
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:

+1
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

+1

Black lettering on a clear background?