S-Works Venge WC46 Limited Edition.

13»

Comments

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Pablos7 wrote:
    will do, gotta say a few photos of your sl3 convinced me to jump in and get my first specialized. Really looking forward to building it. Rotor,Di2 with shimano pro components to finish it off.

Have sent you a PM. :)
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Very nice indeed - thanks for the Q-factor info with the Spesh cranks.
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Pete,

Just seen this posted and my oh my what a bike :shock: :shock: :o:o !!!!!!!!!!

Looks stunning, stealthy and very very fast and I am sure with the times you are hitting now and aspiring to in the summer you will put it to good use!!!!

You always build quality and I'm sure (from the 4 pages of comments) that the br faithful enjoy looking!!!! Ignore the idiots, jealousy is a cruel mistress and as I said above u can ride the thing too which is a big middle finger to them :twisted: :twisted: !!!!

I think I now have a new desktop background :wink::wink:
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • bristolpete
    BBH wrote:
    Pete,

Just seen this posted and my oh my what a bike :shock: :shock: :o:o !!!!!!!!!!

Looks stunning, stealthy and very very fast and I am sure with the times you are hitting now and aspiring to in the summer you will put it to good use!!!!

You always build quality and I'm sure (from the 4 pages of comments) that the br faithful enjoy looking!!!! Ignore the idiots, jealousy is a cruel mistress and as I said above u can ride the thing too which is a big middle finger to them :twisted: :twisted: !!!!

I think I now have a new desktop background :wink::wink:

Thanks - the issue was all sorted and crossed wires - we all love our bikes.

I have ordered the same Fast Forward wheels but with white decals yesterday which I think will look great. The black on black was a little staid / mute and the white looks lovely. Really big fan of Fast Forward wheels actually. Thanks for the comments all.

Winter has of course descended so not really given it the full gas treatment, but roll on Spring eh!
  • The new wheels should look intense Pete!

Can't say I thought the old wheels looked bad though. :wink::D
  • bristolpete
    The new wheels should look intense Pete!

Can't say I thought the old wheels looked bad though. :wink::D

I hear ya, reckon you'd like a pair of these ! :mrgreen:

Ps when I said black on black they actually have a limited edition with black text, but they sort of looked a bit flat next to the black on black frame and the whole stealth thing is so 2010 , hence going for the white. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Looks the business - stunning bike!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    Excellent pictures, your photography skills are at least as impressive as a 5hr 100. Nice work.
  • bristolpete
    siamon wrote:
    Excellent pictures, your photography skills are at least as impressive as a 5hr 100. Nice work.

Thanks, worked as a snapper for a news/sports picture desk for a long time covering everything from Premiership football, rugby, darts, boxing, news et etc. Good times etc - can still take a decent photo with a little camera now and again. My best selling photo which is the image below has paid for bike parts over and over again which is nice.

2202770620_651fde6c58.jpg

Oddly, covering pushbike events back in 2007 rekindled my love for cycling and I have never looked back.

2562050177_dfb8047d04.jpg

2771090601_bd942bf39e.jpg

3920132869_3982aa8e7c.jpg

But my trade is plied elsewhere though I use the camera for situations like this when shooting a brochure for the Lake District rather than take cash I had a free week in a log cabin. Happy days. I may pick up a camera someday in the future, but for now, there are not enough hours in the day. Back in 07' I thought I had the male version of breast cancer had two big operations, which included having my nipples removed and put back which now causes major pain in the cold so sitting on a football touchline on a cold Dec evening got very hard but it was a time and a place as they say. Thankfully, was not cancer but still had 2 x major surgery in 6 months but fully recovered now but the usual caveats of trying to enjoy my gig while it last applies. Thanks again.

3410567096_7febfdcb85.jpg
  • Gorgeous bike - no excuses needed. Think I saw a similar one in a Cycle Surgery window in London - drooled for many minutes looking through the window.

Enjoy!
  • siamon
    Glad you revealed that - I was fairly certain that they were not amateur shots!

Keen but talent free amateur snapper myself. Have been testing the boundaries of my Canon G10 and my "you know what" bike, maybe post them under a different user for your perusal!

The Junkie picture has real rubber neck shock value and a story. He's even dropped the lid of his government supplied syringe, it really demonstrates the intense social awareness of the average junkie!

Sorry about the op's, mine tend to be self inflicted. I.e. I have a race tomorrow, can't see my left knee making the distance but withdrawing is not an option as I'm at a rather critical stage with a properly gorgeous girl who would become slightly more agreeable if I fail heroically and massively more distant if I wimp out! And believe me, a quick arthroscopy and three days of hobbling on crutches would be well worth it if you get my drift!

Hope you are well mate!
  • bristolpete
    siamon wrote:
    Glad you revealed that - I was fairly certain that they were not amateur shots!

Keen but talent free amateur snapper myself. Have been testing the boundaries of my Canon G10 and my "you know what" bike, maybe post them under a different user for your perusal!

The Junkie picture has real rubber neck shock value and a story. He's even dropped the lid of his government supplied syringe, it really demonstrates the intense social awareness of the average junkie!

Sorry about the op's, mine tend to be self inflicted. I.e. I have a race tomorrow, can't see my left knee making the distance but withdrawing is not an option as I'm at a rather critical stage with a properly gorgeous girl who would become slightly more agreeable if I fail heroically and massively more distant if I wimp out! And believe me, a quick arthroscopy and three days of hobbling on crutches would be well worth it if you get my drift!

Hope you are well mate!

Nice, win the race, win the girl. Easy. :mrgreen:
  • siamon
    Yep, win a national X country race OR it maybe slightly easier if I could just borrow your 8) Venge? should have the same effect! Did I say please.....
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Stunning bike, stunning photography.
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    That's the best looking bike I've seen for a long long time. The splash of red on the wheels is genius (even if it was not planned!)

Lovely lovely lovely birthday present. Happy Birthday and all that. Enjoy!
    Simon
  • bristolpete
    A slight variation on the theme. Just the white decal FFWD wheels. Giving conti tubs a go as well. Still need to lower stem and extend. Not really ridden at any great length due to the weather, but patiently waiting and by then reckon I will have gone back to black tape and saddle :D

6857664581_b654001309_z.jpg

6857666143_1586d44d3d_z.jpg

6857669151_b8c63a7f3a_z.jpg
  • Stunning mate! :shock:

Looking forward to trying the wheels hopefully the ice will have thawed enough tomorrow! :D
  • bristolpete
    Stunning mate! :shock:

Looking forward to trying the wheels hopefully the ice will have thawed enough tomorrow! :D

Thanks, you can see how cold it was as the fountains are frozen and this is central Bristol. Absolutely bitterly cold this morning down to minus 6, but wanted to get a shot of the bike.
  • Wish i could expose photos like that :(
  • bristolpete
    Cornish-J wrote:
    Wish i could expose photos like that :(

It's the early morning light is all. Worth getting up for or waiting for. :D
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Looks good mate.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Absolutely stunning bike - It's jaw droppingly pretty. I loved it in the first pic you posted, but with those new wheels; wow, just wow!

Enjoy!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • drummer
    drummer Posts: 246
    3 letters.............

WOW :shock:
    chris
  • love it Pete just love it. Looking forward to hearing how it rides over longer distances. Enjoy
  • it looks mean! fantastic.
  • That bike gives me a semi.
  • bristolpete
    edited February 2012
    A quick update. I have done 200 miles in the last 3 weeks and feel better able to write about the Venge now.

It is fast - really likes long straight TT style roads when out on ones own. It is a little less lively at low speeds than a Tarmac but that is by design I suspect. I feel the more I give the Venge the more it wants and yesterday I rode 40 miles in 2 hrs 10 mins and blew up a tad as I am not yet ready for that! I really actually think that the Venge will or does come into its own in a group and it may be easy to see why it can work so well in a peloton as it does offer up free speed in the group/bunch situation. The short chain stays make it super quick to get away. Looking forward to some Saturday morning rides before work on this. Lastly, I actually feel that this is the first time a bike has actually felt too good for my skill set, like I am doing it an injustice. When I saw the numbers the pro's were putting out on Garmin Connect last week I had a 'why do I bother moment' - but then remembered I enjoy riding my bike, not racing it. Looking back at my Garmin data, I reckon a pair of 808's or such like would really make it move on the loop I have been using, but make it less attractive as a 60+ bike.

6920501111_bf9893a351_z.jpg
  • bristolpete
    Sorry, mispost ! :roll:
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Nice one Pete, hope you enjoy your venge, lovely looking bikes imo.
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Those FF's look so much better with the black n white decals Pete.

Beast of a bike