S-Works Venge WC46 Limited Edition.

Comments

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    markyone wrote:
    Love that pete,superb.
    Will have to get out soon when weather is better.

Yes Mark, be ideal to get out and have a chat. Hope you are well mate and love the new Colnago. Showed the boys at work and we all drooled over it. :D
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Haterz Gonna Hate.

Put your bike back on Pete, it's a stunner. Just someone who's jealous and throws insults. I don't care what is said about me, he's never going to meet me or if so, insult me to my face...
    I'd body slam them WWE style with my considerable girth.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bristolpete
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Haterz Gonna Hate.

Put your bike back on Pete, it's a stunner. Just someone who's jealous and throws insults. I don't care what is said about me, he's never going to meet me or if so, insult me to my face...
    I'd body slam them WWE style with my considerable girth.

Its back on the first page mate, sans text. Thanks again. Nice, I could squish them with my Greipel like Quads which are still more than likely a mere tiny compared to your once famous awesome quad power (tm).
  • napoleond
    QuadPowertm is on it's way back mate. Mark my words...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bristolpete
    NapoleonD wrote:
    QuadPowertm is on it's way back mate. Mark my words...

That's great news :D
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Very nice, can't say anything else really. Stunning!

Ignore the jealous types.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Squeakz
    Squeakz Posts: 21
    glad to see the pic is back up, lovely bike
    S-Works Venge, Zipp 404 firecrests, Dura-Ace Di2 with optional sprint buttons.
  • Not a big Venge fan but that bike looks evil - in a good way :-)
  • Dunno, just a bit upsetting comments ref chubby cyclists, football etc. Don't get it. Like the time I was told a was a dick-head for having a nice Pinarello via PM :shock: .

Seems like the good will to all cyclists is going on here sometimes. It just a bike that I saved up for, sold stuff to buy etc. will stick the photo back up when I get home.

Pete.

Hells bells Pete - just ignore the sad deluded muppets who get their jollies by being complete c***ks on internet forums.

Your bike is a belter - wish it was mine, although it would be wasted on my meagre abilities for sure.
  • bristolpete
    Dunno, just a bit upsetting comments ref chubby cyclists, football etc. Don't get it. Like the time I was told a was a dick-head for having a nice Pinarello via PM :shock: .

Seems like the good will to all cyclists is going on here sometimes. It just a bike that I saved up for, sold stuff to buy etc. will stick the photo back up when I get home.

Pete.

Hells bells Pete - just ignore the sad deluded muppets who get their jollies by being complete c***ks on internet forums.

Your bike is a belter - wish it was mine, although it would be wasted on my meagre abilities for sure.

Thanks mate. I am looking to do a solo sub 5 hour 100 / 115 miler this Summer and this is the weapon of choice.

Hitting 80 in 4.35 at the moment on a Tarmac so looks doable and been getting the training in. 20 miles an hour over the 5 hours but aggregates here and there and my route has some slow, fast, slow sections and I am not going to use clip on /aero bars.
  • This is the best looking bike I've seen in a long time - puts my lil ol' Tarmac to shame... I'll have to get me a Venge one day!
  • terryowen
    terryowen Posts: 139
    stunning mate i love these bikes.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Beautiful bike Pete.

Ignore the tossers, they slagged me and my Cervelo RS off as well. As Nap says:

haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg?w=500&h=375
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    There are a lot of jealous people about :roll:
    Enjoy
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • bristolpete
    All good now, just crossed wires.

We are all coming from the same place. :)
  • bristolpete
    Got out on the bike today. Really pleased. Not a 'this is the best bike I have ever ridden' piece, as did not go full gas as icy out and about, but it is fast, holds speed effortlessly and kinda seems like its opening / start speed is 20/21mph so bodes well for the future. Realised that the 15mm spacer set up I have left in place on the 160mm h/tube is too high so likely slam that and add another 10/20mm to the stem to open to torso up. Despite there being small differences in the geo of this and the tarmac, feels bigger all told but thats the slight kick up on the top tube near the specialized text which I think throws out the eye as the rear triangle/stand over is less than the tarmac. A few images from earlier today.

6777294037_7785344200_z.jpg

6777296913_8ae90c1e23_z.jpg

6777293417_9afca13432_z.jpg

6777296203_f36dcfe35c_z.jpg

6777300037_d8631b1d10_z.jpg
  • napoleond
    Great shots, cheeky HDR effect...
    Best looking Spesh I've seen.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Squeakz
    Squeakz Posts: 21
    Lovely pics and bike, glad your enjoying it
    S-Works Venge, Zipp 404 firecrests, Dura-Ace Di2 with optional sprint buttons.
  • i agree - best looking spesh out there

envy envy envy !!!
  • Pablos7
    Pablos7 Posts: 52
    Hi Pete, love the Venge build and your blog by the way.

Building my new SL4, that means moving from a BSA Canyon to BB30 and I am torn between rotor 3d+ or s works crank. Could you give any feedback re the crank ?

Thanks

P
  • oooh! you lucky git ;) have you rode it yet ;) ?
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • bristolpete
    Pablos7 wrote:
    Hi Pete, love the Venge build and your blog by the way.

Building my new SL4, that means moving from a BSA Canyon to BB30 and I am torn between rotor 3d+ or s works crank. Could you give any feedback re the crank ?

Thanks

P

Thanks - the issue as I saw it is q factor. The S-works cranks narrows it due to the way it fits the bb30 - somewhat like campy how meets in the middle and sits flush to the frame The rotor use a press fit cup system then the ceramic adaptors and then go in sustaining q factor to my other bikes. I reckon the s-works loose 5/10mm either side which I did not want to happen. Finally, as a long time convert to rotor would never use anything else again to be honest. It is mega stiff, weight is a non issue for me and lastly, I think it looks great.

Pete.
  • bristolpete
    oooh! you lucky git ;) have you rode it yet ;) ?

Not really. Winter has arrived !
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Awesome bike bristolpete, nice pics too.
  • napoleond
    I too have rotor cranks and am a full convert (have used DA 7800, Ultegra 6700, Red, FSA and Record in the past
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Great thanks for that pete, great feedback, mind made up, Rotor it is
  • bristolpete
    Pablos7 wrote:
    Great thanks for that pete, great feedback, mind made up, Rotor it is

No problem, happy to help. Zero q factor ideal for narrow hips or racing snakes, or people who want knee issues. :lol:

Good luck with the SL4 - having seen an SL4 in the flesh have to say that looks like some bike.

As for Rotor, RTFM and do let them 'bed in'. They say 500 miles but worth it. Also, consider the position, 3 works brilliant for me with 170mm cranks. Tried other, but they all felt half moon, akin to regular round chainsets.
  • will do, gotta say a few photos of your sl3 convinced me to jump in and get my first specialized. Really looking forward to building it. Rotor,Di2 with shimano pro components to finish it off.
  • bristolpete
    Pablos7 wrote:
    will do, gotta say a few photos of your sl3 convinced me to jump in and get my first specialized. Really looking forward to building it. Rotor,Di2 with shimano pro components to finish it off.

Nice. Sounds great. Saw Ui2 running last week - bloody excellent but mechanical for me really. Sl3 best climber I have ridden, SL4 better so you'll fly on that. Post pix when built :D