Happy "Burns" day/ night

2»

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    edited January 2012
    I've just haggis neeps and tatties in the staff canteen.

St Georges Day?

I put on a fancy dress knights outfit and get p1ssed on stella in Yates. Doesn't everyone?

Stella is belgium beer. they call it a kids beer #justsaying

should be drinking ale
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    Seriously, though - what IS veggie Haggis? And how do you know whether you like veggie haggis or just the one(s) you've tasted because, in reality, it's just some vegetable concoction in the shape of a haggis, isn't it? There's no "rules" for what should go into a veggie haggis so I'm assuming one might be based upon nuts, another on soya, and a third on neeps & tatties. At least with a real haggis you know it's sheep. I'm not anti-veggie, per se, but I do find veggie imitations of meat bewildering

It's so while the veggies can shun all things tasty (read meaty) they can still join in I guess. Facon is the real criminal here, cardboard rubbish, least the veggie haggis is nice with oats and veggies in
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Seriously, though - what IS veggie Haggis? And how do you know whether you like veggie haggis or just the one(s) you've tasted because, in reality, it's just some vegetable concoction in the shape of a haggis, isn't it? There's no "rules" for what should go into a veggie haggis so I'm assuming one might be based upon nuts, another on soya, and a third on neeps & tatties. At least with a real haggis you know it's sheep. I'm not anti-veggie, per se, but I do find veggie imitations of meat bewildering

It's so while the veggies can shun all things tasty (read meaty) they can still join in I guess. Facon is the real criminal here, cardboard rubbish, least the veggie haggis is nice with oats and veggies in

QED (with regards to my point made earlier)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Stella is belgium beer

You can't get more English than a nice pint of stella.

You must be doolally.
  • Clever Pun
    I didn't miss the point at all... I'm afraid you have.

The vegetarian alternatives are to encourage non-vegetarians to try alternatives to the usual fare - this is why they 'impersonate' more traditional dishes.

It has nothing to do with veggies wanting to be like everyone else - it's an attempt to get some more hide-bound individuals to open their minds a little.

since you highlighted it..

I feel you're very wrong here, idealistic in a Rick Chasey way perhaps. They are aimed, promoted at and produced for vegetarians. With the possible exception of quorn mince (i've seen ads saying try it, it's not bad or something like that) but it's more expensive than meaty mince so I can't see the uptake being that high.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Stella is belgium beer

You can't get more English than a nice cup of tea

ftfy
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • clarkey cat
    nice cup of darjeeling.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,871
    Stella is Belgian beer

Surely?
  • clarkey cat
    who are you calling Surely?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Clever Pun wrote:

The vegetarian alternatives are to encourage non-vegetarians to try alternatives to the usual fare - this is why they 'impersonate' more traditional dishes.

It has nothing to do with veggies wanting to be like everyone else - it's an attempt to get some more hide-bound individuals to open their minds a little.

I feel you're very wrong here, idealistic in a Rick Chasey way perhaps. They are aimed, promoted at and produced for vegetarians. With the possible exception of quorn mince (i've seen ads saying try it, it's not bad or something like that) but it's more expensive than meaty mince so I can't see the uptake being that high.

You seem to imply that only vegetarians eat vegetarian food which is of course a complete nonsense. As this is clearly a mindset thing and you're stuck in yours; we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,871
    Clever Pun wrote:

I feel you're very wrong here, idealistic in a Rick Chasey way perhaps..
    Oh dear.

It's a slippery slope from here.

Next you'll be 100% right about everything.
  • Clever Pun
    edited January 2012
    Clever Pun wrote:

You seem to imply that only vegetarians eat vegetarian food which is of course a complete nonsense. As this is clearly a mindset thing and you're stuck in yours; we'll have to agree to disagree.

Wrong.. I'm a rabid carnivore but I do eat a lot of vegetarian food, I say what I say as Ms Pun is a veggie, so I've been able to make a fair amount of comparison taste and awareness wise on the subject. It's all substitute products if they weren't they'd be new and inventive something like the innocent veg pots, an easy way to make anyone eat veg rather than meat lookalike veg. PLus those veg pots taste great with a little cooked chicken mixed in

Can you honestly say that veggie bacon would lure anyone away from real bacon? Do we need a poll for this?

Hang on a mo are you inferring that veggie food is only meat substitute stuff? Or don't you cook much from scratch?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

I feel you're very wrong here, idealistic in a Rick Chasey way perhaps..
    Oh dear.

It's a slippery slope from here.

Next you'll be 100% right about everything.

Well, if you're correct that means what you say is true. ergo 100% :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    +1 ^ wot he said

See never wrong :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    :roll: I'm midway through making a huge pot of French onion soup for dinner!

Veggie from scratch!

Oh wait, two pints of beef stock, so it's carnivorous.

Hang on, half a bottle of Chardonnay going in too..

It's really just tasty boozefood.

In goes the cognac.

Pish-head food!

Not getting the hang of veggie cooking am I?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Clever Pun
    sounds lush
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5