Our Harry...

2»

Comments

• Worse than that he'd probably pick Beckham again :roll:
  • Yes he may be a relative of Lampard but i also think Arry knows when a player is past his best & can't do it at international level. He loves Scotty Parker & he is far better than Lamps. No room for sentiment in football.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Well it's a shame Harry was not appointed England manager years ago, he would probably have been able to get Lampard to play to the level he did for Chelsea in his prime, unlike all the chumps we have had in charge of England. As for Lampard and Parker, totally different types of player, if Parker does get a regular place in the England side it will not be 'in place' of Lampard. Parker is never going to score 20 from midfield, and Lampard was never the kind to crunch into tackles and break things up. I like Parker, he's the kind of player every team needs, 100% commitment every game. He is not top drawer though. Against the best in the world, he'll just be given the runaround. And if he does catch his opponent, his style of game will 9/10 lead to a free kick and the opposition player rolling around like a tart. Sooner Wiltshire is back the better, he is the future for Englands midfield.
  • Well, Capello has resigned.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Well it's a shame Harry was not appointed England manager years ago, he would probably have been able to get Lampard to play to the level he did for Chelsea in his prime, unlike all the chumps we have had in charge of England. As for Lampard and Parker, totally different types of player, if Parker does get a regular place in the England side it will not be 'in place' of Lampard. Parker is never going to score 20 from midfield, and Lampard was never the kind to crunch into tackles and break things up. I like Parker, he's the kind of player every team needs, 100% commitment every game. He is not top drawer though. Against the best in the world, he'll just be given the runaround. And if he does catch his opponent, his style of game will 9/10 lead to a free kick and the opposition player rolling around like a tart. Sooner Wiltshire is back the better, he is the future for Englands midfield.
    That applies to the whole England team. When are people going to understand that it's not the manager (the one we have has an impeccable record), it's the standard of play in this country. The players cannot string more than three passes together without getting caught in possesion and some of the distribution is embarrassing to watch. We are fooled into thinking we are a high quality football nation because our top players are being carried by the imports they play alongside every week.

'Arry will be just one more in a long line of Messiahs who end up with his face depicted as a root vegatable in the tabloids.
  • Now capellos gone harry would make a good manager - well given his defence in court - hehe, I joke of course - he's sh1t.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Well said Smoking Joe.
    I have been saying that for years but if I say it, it comes over as a bitter & jealous jock.
    Still true though.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daviesee
    Now capellos gone harry would make a good manager - well given his defence in court - hehe, I joke of course - he's sh1t.
    How convenient :twisted:
  • cornerblock
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    That applies to the whole England team. When are people going to understand that it's not the manager (the one we have has an impeccable record), it's the standard of play in this country. The players cannot string more than three passes together without getting caught in possesion and some of the distribution is embarrassing to watch. We are fooled into thinking we are a high quality football nation because our top players are being carried by the imports they play alongside every week.

'Arry will be just one more in a long line of Messiahs who end up with his face depicted as a root vegatable in the tabloids.

True enough Joe, though I do think the pace and speed of the game we like in this country is counter productive to International football, where keeping possession is all important.

My money is on a Jerusalem artichoke!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,590
    Book out already......
    Blimey -there's a blast from the past .... hmm, probably the last time I read serious literature, back in about 1971.
  • Smokin Joe wrote:

Aye more than a ring of truth about that. And the other think is the continental players are already accomplished in the close quarter technical skills and are comfortble on the ball, here they just round off their game by playing at a faster pace - all players seem to learn is...well...playing at a fast pace, still could be worse - we could be scottish.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I am beginning to wish I had stuck a tenner on 'Arry for England manager yesterday. I suspect I could have got better odds than right now.

I think he would actually be good at the job, bad loss for the Spurs though.

I don't know if anyone heard that tel con of him and the journalist discussing the huge payment ("yeah it was definitely a bonus"), bit bizarre that he could then state in court "I was lying at the time" whilst his defence was that he was a reputable character.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Avram Grant, anyone?
  • Smokin Joe wrote:

Exactly, far better chance of silverware with us than with England. 8)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The next England manager?

Well I know someone who -
    - is out of contract,
    - completely available until August,
    - a proven winner
    - knows how to prepare to peak for June/July.....

.....Alberto Contador
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cornerblock
    Another plus with Harry as England manager, he'll be able to pop into all his banks on away trips.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Avram Grant, anyone?

FA have already said next manager will be english.

Redknapp gets the job at the end of the season, but for Euros only. Spurs keep beloved 'Arry. FA save face.

After then who knows.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • He'll be sacked mid-tournament for trying to sell Wilshere to the Germans whilst asking for a 10% cut....
  • Smokin Joe wrote:

Exactly, betting against England to win international tournaments is a gift as the patriotic backers result in generous odds.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    'arry hears his first 10 England games are Monaco away..................

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT019tZqfH2lZbjBja3OPnI4D7k021T3lJo531UtBtPoKM3hVpK0w
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • daviesee
    13 minutes of BBC headline news.
    Really?
    I know it is news, and more important news to some than others but that is excessive by any standards.
    No, I am not a bitter jock, in fact I find it all quite funny. I just think that there are more important things going on.
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    I only thought it, that Harry would get convicted but if you get a jury trial against the HMRC I guess the jury will win most times. After all some of those may have had problems with the HMRC anyway. It would have cost Harry a lot of money to fight this case and if he had spoken to HMRC about it in the first place then a bill for a few thousand would have all he needed to pay. However, he felt he shouldn't have needed to pay it. He must have been advised as such.
    If I had done it I think I would have relented and paid some tax because I could not afford the legal stuff. Maybe in future if you are given money abroad so long as its not connected with your employment (wink,wink) it would not be taxable. I do believe this has opened up a whole load of problems for HMRC. There may be tax payers that have been hanging on the verdict of this jury to resolve their problems.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    cyco2 wrote:
    I only thought it, that Harry would get convicted but if you get a jury trial against the HMRC I guess the jury will win most times. After all some of those may have had problems with the HMRC anyway. It would have cost Harry a lot of money to fight this case and if he had spoken to HMRC about it in the first place then a bill for a few thousand would have all he needed to pay. However, he felt he shouldn't have needed to pay it. He must have been advised as such.
    If I had done it I think I would have relented and paid some tax because I could not afford the legal stuff. Maybe in future if you are given money abroad so long as its not connected with your employment (wink,wink) it would not be taxable. I do believe this has opened up a whole load of problems for HMRC. There may be tax payers that have been hanging on the verdict of this jury to resolve their problems.

If any member of that jury let their opinion of HMRC sway their views of the case, then they're a fuck1ng idiot. Frankly.

Great isn't it? Bloke receives money that HMRC believe should have been taxable to serve the public revenue. Bloke has money paid into an offshore account. No tax is paid. Jury acquits said bloke in subsequent court hearing.

Well done, jury, you've just set a very dangerous precedent.

Can anyone explain what the EXACT line of defence was? I can't seem to find any concrete evidence and am genuinely interested.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • daviesee
    Ben6899 wrote:
    [Can anyone explain what the EXACT line of defence was? I can't seem to find any concrete evidence and am genuinely interested.
    Me too!
    I fancy a trip to Monaco :twisted:
  • It was whether the money was a gift between friends or as a payment from employer to employee wasn't it?
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    It was whether the money was a gift between friends or as a payment from employer to employee wasn't it?

So what he, Harry, was saying is that if you become friends with your employer they can pay you a bonus and say it was a gift. Boom!Boom! No tax to pay
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    It was whether the money was a gift between friends or as a payment from employer to employee wasn't it?

So the money was a gift? How does that sit with Gift Tax?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Whole thing is a sham..........
    Mean while....The last words of the FA at the meeting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2xdCvhvyqY
    bagpuss