Boardman AiR 9.8 - Build Finished

13»

Comments

• Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    i want to start crit racing but i cant risk using this bike so i'm looking for a cervelo s1 to use for crits and as my road bike - unfortunately i cant justify having 2 road bikes and a TT bike :(
  • 1@ATIME
    1@ATIME Posts: 89
    Wow :)
    Ribble Stealth
    previous: Kiron Scandium, 80's Raleigh Equipe, Striker :)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Cornish-J wrote:
    i want to start crit racing but i cant risk using this bike so i'm looking for a cervelo s1 to use for crits and as my road bike - unfortunately i cant justify having 2 road bikes and a TT bike :(

Why do you need a Cervelo S1 to ride Crits? A Ribble Winter Trainer with 105 or similar would be fine.
  • Cornish-J
    i didnt say i needed a cervelo s1, i said i wanted one.

I can afford to crash a 1k bike, not 5k.
  • Cornish-J
    A few updated pics of my boardman, not much has really changed except the barfly garmin mount.....any excuse to post a few more pics :)

7638386536_894b620ab5_b.jpg

7638382514_d322371979_b.jpg

7638384024_f6476a29be_b.jpg

7638388050_b560f1b8f1_b.jpg

7638389882_f998081072_b.jpg
  • PimpMyBike
    PimpMyBike Posts: 50
    Whoah , that's nice !
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    It's beautiful alright. How come you didn't sell in the end?
  • Cornish-J
    No one offered me a sensible amount, I've concentrated a lot on TTs this year so haven't needed to sell to fund a crit bike ... Yet!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    That is one lovely bike.

Be even better if the 3T came in a yellow stripe.
  • Holey thread resurrection Batman... :D
    If you don't mind me asking....I am starting to buy the 'bits' to build up my own bike. Finding that even when you are spending around $3000 AUD (2000 pnd) that you will quite often get bits that are a compromise. Poor quality cheap wheel or handlebars etc.
    The Boardman frameset has appealed to me, good looks, great quality, great value....however being a newbie at the bike building caper I wanted to ask about your crankset.
    Did you purchase the BB30 specific version of the SRAM RED crankset. If so, did you simply then purchase the standard BB30 bottom bracket assembly to go with this?
    Did you have any dramas fitting it ?
  • Thats a lovely bike. I think the SRAM gear looks really good on bikes- I have Force on mine.
    The frame looks amazing too.
    A really smart bit of kit!
  • Cornish-J
    yea it's bb30 and yea standard sram bb30 BB - no issues fitting.
  • Cornish-J wrote:
    yea it's bb30 and yea standard sram bb30 BB - no issues fitting.
    Thanks !!
  • Zingzang
    Zingzang Posts: 196
    parkerc2 wrote:
    Finding that even when you are spending around $3000 AUD (2000 pnd) that you will quite often get bits that are a compromise. Poor quality cheap wheel or handlebars etc.
    Poor quality does not necessarily come cheap, and cheap does not necessarily mean poor quality.
  • Jamez117
    Jamez117 Posts: 80
    I am desperate to own one of these things am thinking of starting a build myself but haven't got much cash to play with atm :( ... Maybe £2500-£3200 so i might wait till i have a useable budget :cry:
  • Jamez117
    But if you do want to sell pm me :D
  • Jamez117
    Here's mine -my zipp's (sorry about the mess)

image_zpsfa68ed87.jpg
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Wow is that room in a "how we lived then" museum? VCR, carpet, cupboard, just need a huge 21"CRT to dominate the room :-)

Love the bike though ;-)
  • Jamez117
    Wow is that room in a "how we lived then" museum? VCR, carpet, cupboard, just need a huge 21"CRT to dominate the room :-)

Love the bike though ;-)

I know :)... my grandparents house. Oh and cheers
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    I can see what you were trying to do with the saddle but the white w/black version and white tape would make the bike look a lot better ...
  • Jamez117
    I can see what you were trying to do with the saddle but the white w/black version and white tape would make the bike look a lot better ...

Bad idea white tape is ruined in 10 minutes flat bearing in mind I do an 85 mile route every day... Except sundays :)
    So I'd end up spending most of my life replacing bar tape and as for saddles i usually ride an antares 00 in black thats just an arione r3 test saddle